LegacyGT.com

JDM vs US facelift fenders

Does anyone happen to know if US fenders fit jdm front ends? I bought a front end conversion for my legacy and realized they sent me a pre-facelift passenger fender. Really hoping a us one will work as I can't find anyone selling single jdm fenders. 

Picture attached of the drivers fender I need to match.

20240415_190112.jpg

Unfortunately no. The USDM/JDM fenders are slightly different enough they won’t work. Not sure if the details but I know JDM head lights won’t work with usdm front bumper and I’m pretty sure the mud guards on the inside are slightly different too. Thanks, Subaru.

id contact the place you bought the front end from and have them send you the correct part. Idk how you mess up sending a pre-facelift fender, when it’s completely different? You have to look close but you can tell the difference between pre and post facelift fenders.

41 minutes ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Unfortunately no. The USDM/JDM fenders are slightly different enough they won’t work. Not sure if the details but I know JDM head lights won’t work with usdm front bumper and I’m pretty sure the mud guards on the inside are slightly different too. Thanks, Subaru.

id contact the place you bought the front end from and have them send you the correct part. Idk how you mess up sending a pre-facelift fender, when it’s completely different? You have to look close but you can tell the difference between pre and post facelift fenders.

Yeah, I ended up getting the answer with a picture for proof on reddit :(

I contacted the seller and they said they'll see what they can do, unfortunately I bought it like 10 months ago so it's partially on me for not doing anything with it til now. 

• Like 1

Whoops…man that sucks. I get it though, I’ve done that too, learned my lesson the hard way. If you need a part # or vendor, lmk. I’ve got a JDM front bumper I bought off another local member so I’ve been looking for parts, I can send you a link or let you know who’s got them. EU fenders will work as well, they’re the same as JDM but you might be able to get away with lesser shipping. Another option is to contact @Enlight, he runs a freight forwarding company from Japan, he’s got excellent rates. 

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Another option is to contact @Enlight, he runs a freight forwarding company from Japan, he’s got excellent rates. 

+1 For Enlight's great customer service and competitive pricing.

He even took time while he was on vacation to help me sort through some ads on yahoo.jp and select some nice looking JDM bumpers. Got them to his warehouse and packed together to save on shipping as well. A++

• Like 1