LegacyGT.com

05-09 obp reverse light garnish

Turbomister2

I went and grabbed one from the junkyard. I had the same problem. Removing a worthless one (until I paid for it) helped me understand how the part comes off and on. 

Edited by seanyb505
  • Like 1

This part is the same between OB and Legacy yeah?

I’m pretty sure I’ve removed one at some point, but might need to again to re-seal my backup lights.

What is the secret sauce for doing this without breaking stuff? Is it glued down somewhere, or sneaky fasteners?

• Haha 1

should be the exact same.

I think the issue are the fasteners. They rust. And I think there are a lot of them. So it can be easy to forget to loosen one of them, and try to yank the thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KZJonny said:

This part is the same between OB and Legacy yeah?

I’m pretty sure I’ve removed one at some point, but might need to again to re-seal my backup lights.

What is the secret sauce for doing this without breaking stuff? Is it glued down somewhere, or sneaky fasteners?

I couldn’t tell you because mine was already broken but I’m sure I made it worse ! 😂

1 hour ago, xt2005bonbon said:

There are a few on ebay. I am actually looking for one too. Not cheap though..

http://www.subierecycler.com/

idk what color you need but they have silver, white and gold available for $70 plus shipping. 
the jdm ones are just outrageously priced, then the ocd kicks in and you end up ordering the matching tail lights !😂

• Thanks 1

Or you have the tail lights already until someone tells you there is a garnish that matches, and you don’t have it.

Which makes your car look like trash, apparently….. @jaylew?

;)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Turbomister2 said:

http://www.subierecycler.com/

idk what color you need but they have silver, white and gold available for $70 plus shipping. 
the jdm ones are just outrageously priced, then the ocd kicks in and you end up ordering the matching tail lights !😂

I need a gold one. I see the post but no pic. Dang it.

18 minutes ago, xt2005bonbon said:

I need a gold one. I see the post but no pic. Dang it.

Yeah shoot them an email. They told me they were all in good condition but I didn’t want to deal with the paint headache 

• Thanks 1