LegacyGT.com

Guys, I have a 2008 Legacy 3.0 aspirated. My car is getting hot easily. Any climb greater than 2 miles, going up to 60 mph, the car reaches 212°F, and then I have to take my foot off, it quickly goes back to 203°F, if I accelerate hard it reaches 215°F which is when the needle passes from the middle and starts to boil.At high speeds for a few minutes the car also reaches these temperatures. Considerations, I live in a tropical country and in a very hot state. Outdoor temperature 90 - 100°F. Maintenance already carried out: I changed all the fluid in the cooling system and cleaned the system, I changed all the radiator hoses, the car does not leak any fluid, I replaced the two thermostatic valves. In heavy traffic, my car does not heat up, only when driving at high speeds or climbing mountains. I would like to know if anyone has experienced something similar and can help me, I don't know if there is an upgrade for the system.

Need to check if you have a head gasket leak.

There is a test kit that will tell you if your coolant has combustion gasses in it.

It's a bit of HW that holds the test fluid. Test fluid will change colors if the exhaust gas is creeping into your coolant.

If it changes it's time for head gasket service and likely decking the heads.

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08HKHJ6NY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used these. Cheap, easy and they showed I was getting hydrocarbons in the cooland. Take the engine apart, and sure enough my head gasket was *just* starting to go.

PS -  TO OP: Double posting/threading here is frowned upon. You already have a bunch of people trying to help you in your other thread. 

Everyone is happy to help, but try to keep things organized.

Edited by KZJonny