LegacyGT.com

Legacy Spec B 6 speed swap into 05 Legacy gt and swapping to 5x114 sti hubs and axles

Question guys, I'm new here, would like to put a spec B legacy 6 speed into my 05 legacy gt wagon and I'd also like to run 5x114 sti hubs and axles for more rim choices, would that work for me?? Anyone did this before?

There is a whole thread on this forum dedicated to swapping a subaru 6spd in to Legacy GT's, so very possible with if you get all of the correct parts.

The 5x114 sti hub swap is possible with a lot of work.  The front you can swap new 5x114 knuckle & hubs.  But the rear is a big problem.  The Legacy rear knuckle and trailing arms will not accept the 5x114 hubs as well you need to come up with a custom hybrid axle setup to work in the rear.

• Like 1

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

On 4/4/2024 at 11:20 AM, tysparks81 said:

The front you can swap new 5x114 knuckle & hubs.  But the rear is a big problem. 

@tysparks81 is being a bit polite on this part.

Unless you know someone who can either make a custom set or do precision machining on your rear knuckles, and also feels okay guaranteeing said machine work… forget the 114mm conversion.

You are talking probably minimum thousands of dollars to improve your wheel selection.

You could buy some really nice legit 5x100 Works wheels or summat for the same price.