LegacyGT.com

So last week,I filled my car. I was driving on the freeway. After about 5 miles I hear a thud on the car body. I thought it may of been a stone or debris. Didn’t think anything of it. After a day in the garage I open the garage door and there was stupid amount of gasoline smell. I reversed the car and there way a trail of fuel on the ground. (Rear passenger). I got someone to come and look at the car. We found out it’s coming from the top of the tank. So I’m going to buy a new gasket, pump. 
im looking around the internet to find out which would be the best pump?

any recommendations? 

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Limited. SOHC. 

Best part will be another OEM pump. (Scrapyard etc…. Or new)

After that, anything from an aftermarket supplier you trust, stock equivalent. Whatever Rock auto carries should be fine?

But why do you think you’ll need a new pump? Have you confirmed that the tank itself isn’t damaged and leaking? If the car was still running, that indicated the pump works…

Yeah the car is running good. It leaks when theirs 3rd of a full tank or more. We did a quick spot check under the car to make sure. But I won’t know really until Monday. 1/22/24 I do have the new pump and gas kit ready to put in. I can see if it is that. Now if it is anything else.? Then. I’ll have to go from there.

Just now, projectxb0xhotmail.com said:

Yeah the car is running good. It leaks when theirs 3rd of a full tank or more. We did a quick spot check under the car to make sure. But I won’t know really until Monday. 1/22/24 I do have the new pump and gas kit ready to put in. I can see if it is that. Now if it is anything else.? Then. I’ll have to go from there.

I did forget to mention that there is a gas smell inside the car too. Not just around the read passenger wheel 

Just saying, back in Aug 2017, I had my buddy's body shop replace the rusted gas tank in my 05. Along with the fuel filler tube.

DSCN7718.JPG

DSCN7720.JPG

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The gasket at the pump to tank has been known to fail, also the plastic top of the housing cracks over time. Plenty of people here have had similar issues.

No reason aside from cost not to replace the whole unit, but somewhere on the site, someone provided the part number(s) for just the chassis of the pump, which solves the problem for less money.