LegacyGT.com

I'M SO FCKIN PISS3D...i COULD SUE SOA

twisted

thats it guys,

i've fckin had it with this crappy ass paint quality...i got freakin more chips on the paint of the 05 than my 02?? WTF??? and the 05 is the garage queen dammit

i can clearly tell how thin this paint is when i compare the chips.....i'm so mad right now...can we bring about a lawsuit to SOA...cuz they freakin deserve it.

Any one tried calling SOA on this and what response have we received?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have had the car in the shop two times and its in for the third time as we speak and all for paint (scratches and dull spots) so basically i have had the entire font of the car repainted for free i only have about 4,000 miles on it too

MN....and the chips are insane!!

so how did u guys go about it..please give me details.....

did u open a complaint with SOA??? what did they say....

The re-paint solve the issues??

is the car more scratch/chip resistant after ???

Thx

well when i picked up the car from Reedman Toll here in Langhorne PA there were scratches on the front bumper they tried to buff them out, it was a no go so they repainted the bumper. next problem a week or so later i found that on the top of the fenders there was dull rough paint as if they didnt put clear on it so i took it back and they tried to polish it that didnt work so they repainted the fenders, when i went to pick up the car last week i was inspecting the job and found that they scratched the hood and A pillar when they fixed the fenders so i had them repaint it so as of right now i have a Lincoln LS and should have my car back this week and i havent spent one red cent for any of this yet.

chips are unavoidable, all you can do is take precautions to prevent them. the biggest one for me is just drive the speed limit in the right lane while on the highway. and don't drive behind trucks without mudflaps. or you know what, if you want to keep a perfect car, just don't drive at all.

The industry standard has dropped over the past 10 years.....

Weight savings and cost to coat are two major reasons.

Paint thickness is measured in mils (fraction of a mm), so don't think that you are going to get a 1/16" coating.

A typical basecoat/clearcoat paint job is going to be a total of ~15-20 mils (or about 1/2 mm).

VOC standards are another reason the paint sucks. If you want a car with good paint then you need to get one that wasn't painted in the US. Get one painted in Japan or Europe where they don't care as much about the environment. I don't think any spotted owls are going to die if my paint doesn't shatter every time a rock hits it... I'd put something on the front bumper the day I bought the car if I had it to do over again. At this point all it would do is preserve all the chips. I'll have it done when I get the bumper repainted someday, that's for sure.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

VOC standards are another reason the paint sucks. If you want a car with good paint then you need to get one that wasn't painted in the US. Get one painted in Japan or Europe where they don't care as much about the environment. I don't think any spotted owls are going to die if my paint doesn't shatter every time a rock hits it... I'd put something on the front bumper the day I bought the car if I had it to do over again. At this point all it would do is preserve all the chips. I'll have it done when I get the bumper repainted someday, that's for sure.

I think they are far more enviromentally aware in Europe than over here, so I don't think that's the reason. Price is most likely the cause.

www.rockblocker.com

Paint issues caused by objects striking the paint while driving are not covered by warranty...so what would be the basis of your lawsuit?

I know we can't Sue SoA, but I'd make a pretty good case for a claim to them by..

1:Showing SoA one of my co workers cars, thats 8 years old, has 130k miles 98% of them highway, and has ZERO huge gaping chips in it's paint.

2: Showing them my 2 year old car, with 70k miles, and SIXTY (count em) SIXTY visible to primer chips and the DOZEN or so that go through straight

to the paint.

3: Take them on a 'walk around' and show them the rock chips that exist in every single body panel on my car.

4: Show them where the paint has flaked off my bumper from a rock impact.

-Yes I know that SoA can't do anything about the fact that rocks can and will hit my car. But they can do something about their totaly craptacular paint quality.. it doesn't take a qualified body technician to see that their paint quality simply doesn't exsist.

Also- We shouldn't have to cover our cars in plastic wrap to preserve their paint.

Twisted : I'm right there with you, I'm rather P.O.ed over my paint quality as well. It's pretty much my sole complaint for an otherwise great car.

I was considering at least talking to SoA about it, even if they don't / won't

offer anything in return. So let me know if you do,and maybe we can at least speak with the same person. I'll gladly state my case to help the cause for all of us who think this is total BS (and it is.) Ive seen 20 year old cars with original paint that looks better.. It's a disgrace.

I know the Money we pay for these cars is mostly towards their performance and AWD, but for the $$ we are spending, well frankly I don't find this paint qualityy acceptable for a car in the 22-38k price range. Especially when 10k hondas have far better paint.

Guys.... sorry to say it... but this is a NO WIN issue.

To put it in perspective.... In the mid 80's, GM and Chrysler had cars with the paint PEELING OFF IN SHEETS (blue and silver colors) and they never did anything. I am talking about 1/2 the hood. I am sure you all have seen what I am talking about. The paint comes completely off and all that is left is the gray E-deposition primer. A few chips are a minor deal.

And... I have to say that the paint on my LGT is no worse than any other car I have owned. My wifes S10 paint chips when you look at it. Honestly (and this is not an exageration), I would bet the hood on the S10 has 50-70 chips on it. The truck has 114K miles on it.

My LGT has 25k miles and I have about 3-5 chips to date.

No seriously guys this is fckin ridiculous...wait till i get around to posting pics of the chips on my hood. As Drakuun stated..."we should not have to shrink wrap our car"...not when it costs what it does. ANd i dont care about the chips on a bumper but i get real mad when the hood had a gash so deep that i can see black/metal bottom....u know whats next ...rust!! and its not even a year old....NOT ACCEPTABLE

My 02 Legacy has plenty of chips but none that look as bad as the ones on my 05.

My 05 GT with 36k miles has plenty of chips in it, but much of what I'd say are due to the many highway miles and a couple group drives and driving on gravel a bit too quickly, which are my fault. While I'd love a car with more coats of paint or rather more coats of clear, I'd doubt I'd be seeing that kind of stuff anytime soon.

Not much you can do bout it folks.

No seriously guys this is fckin ridiculous...wait till i get around to posting pics of the chips on my hood. As Drakuun stated..."we should not have to shrink wrap our car"...not when it costs what it does. ANd i dont care about the chips on a bumper but i get real mad when the hood had a gash so deep that i can see black/metal bottom....u know whats next ...rust!! and its not even a year old....NOT ACCEPTABLE

My 02 Legacy has plenty of chips but none that look as bad as the ones on my 05.

If you get rust on your hood then it will be a miracle as it's made from aluminum !

Stone chips are a way of life around here, try overtaking a snow plough who is gritting, without getting any !

If you get rust on your hood then it will be a miracle as it's made from aluminum !

quote]

o really...that puts me at ease...mayb i shud RTFM before venting

but still it looks nasty

Oh and if i ever see any rust on that hood (if u are wrong that is)...i'll find u and castrate u for toying with my emotions LOL:icon_bigg

I think they are far more enviromentally aware in Europe than over here, so I don't think that's the reason. Price is most likely the cause.

They don't even put emissions on their cars, how can they be considered more environmentally aware?

I think the best thing you can do it put clear bra. I had it done within the first two weeks of owning my car, and I am glad I did it. I also have the factory hood protector, which so far is working well.

Your gonna get chips, but from what I hear it is easier to do on a Suburu than alot of other cars. Bummer

They don't even put emissions on their cars, how can they be considered more environmentally aware?

I think the best thing you can do it put clear bra. I had it done within the first two weeks of owning my car, and I am glad I did it. I also have the factory hood protector, which so far is working well.

Your gonna get chips, but from what I hear it is easier to do on a Suburu than alot of other cars. Bummer

Let's see :

#1 Polluter in the world = USA

Who didn't sign up to Kyoto to try and reduce pollution = USA

Kinda overwhelming evidence as far as every other country in the world's opinion, but hey, that's not gonna bother the USA now, is it :icon_lol:

:munch:

Here is the route I chose to take. I got a bug deflector for the front. That eliminated all rock chips below the hood scoop. Everything above that is just a freak rock that nothing else would have stopped anyway. I have also resigned myself to the fact that I'll need to wetsand the bumper in the spring to make it presentable again. They put a flex agent in bumper paint that makes it harder to chip. You still get little marks, but at least it isn't whole chunks of paint that get nicked out. If your car is chipping like crazy on the bumper then there is a possibility that somehow it wasn't painted with the flex agent added to the color and clear coat. If that is the case then you have a warranty issue. Nothing you can do about the chips on the hood. It happens to everybody.

Due to environment laws that have been passed in the United States regarding what we can put in our paints all cars painted here have suffered. The paint just isn't as tough as it was even 5 years ago. The paint on your car isn't polluting anything, but the manufacturing and the overspray that gets into the atmosphere does pollute. Therefore in order to save precious mother earth they have put restrictions on what we can put in our paint and how it can be made and that makes all cars painted in the US suck shit. They may have tough emissions laws in other countrys, but their VOC compliance standards aren't as strict. You can't even get certian car waxes in California because they are so strict. In fact, did you know it is a federal crime to let water from washing your car drain into the city sewer system due to the chemicals in the soap? It is a statutory $50 fine if someone catches you. The US is a little nutty about this VOC stuff.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Let's see :

#1 Polluter in the world = USA

Who didn't sign up to Kyoto to try and reduce pollution = USA

Kinda overwhelming evidence as far as every other country in the world's opinion, but hey, that's not gonna bother the USA now, is it :icon_lol:

:munch:

Well you live in Canada so you don't have to worry about it. And I disagree with #1 polluter, China might take the cake on that one. But we simply use more fossil fuels than EU, they don't drive as much, and they are smaller in almost every way. But that doesn't mean we are less environmentally aware..In fact I think it is the opposite, hence my point on emissions-ay.

Archived