LegacyGT.com

Any Good aftermartket brand for sensors?

Refreshing a motor, all original still from 2005, want to replace most of the sensors while I have it out such as crank, cam sensors, oxygen sensors etc....

Without blowing my budget and going to the dealer, would I be ok using some from Rock Auto? Such as DENSO?

In some particular cases, there are some who've had issues with non- OE sensors, but I think for the most part, it's consensus that as long as you are buying DENSO stuff, or Bosch, then you're good.

I tend to agree that the same sensor from OE or the manufacturer as private label is going to be the same thing, so save the money.

When I sold my 05 with 306,000 miles, except for the O2's it had all its original sensors. The car had lots of highway miles...so you may not need to spend the cash.

If you feel the need, only buy name brand from a reputable Import shop, or local auto parts store. Support a local and small business. 

For wheel speed sensors, I googled the OEM p/n and found NAPA had them. 

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Agree with the two above but also, if you're buying OEM I wouldn't talk with the parts dept of your local dealer. You can often find discounted OEM stuff online that is shipped from the dealers themselves.

Air Filter
Tacoma Subaru - $24.95
Subaru Parts - $19.76
$5.19 difference but if you scroll down towards the footer of the Subaru Parts website, you'll see that it's still Tacoma Subaru shipping it out. No idea why they do this but I've had to purchase a backup radar sensor thing for my Crosstrek once. They said it failed and I scheduled a time to get it replaced but mentioned I'd bring the part in myself. They said they wouldn't warranty it since they don't know where it came from but I showed them the box (still sealed) and the sender was their parts department. Service Advisor laughed it off and said they'll warranty it haha.

Reputable shops to bring your Subie (thread)