LegacyGT.com

Motor swap help JDM to US

I have searched all for help before I get bashed. I found a lot on swapping different motors but not what I am looking for.

I have a 2005 legacy wagon gt. Motor blew, bought a replacement jdm motor. I have the new motor installed now, I am having issues with the wiring. The new motor doesn't have the tgv motors on the intake like the factory so I have to do something with those connectors. Also, the new motor has sensors my original didn't. 

I have both, my us and the jdm harnesses stripped apart so I can convert the us one to work on the engine. Does anyone have any diagrams or information to help me with this electrical swap? Thank you in advance for your time.

A little more info will help dude. Lots of available JDM motors you can get and try to swap. What did you buy from Japan?

Lots of info going around on EJ20 swaps. Generally going to have to re-use your USDM intake and all the TGV stuff as well as the sensors, so they match the harness.

What sensors don't match? Anything to do with exhaust cam will generally need to be deleted, and the exhaust AVCS also deleted so it will work with the USDM ECM.

Other options exists, but good luck finding a tuner willing to work with JDM ECMs and the exhaust AVCS etc... If you can, then more power to you!

If not, then read Rumbly XT's rebuild journal. LOTS of info on how to install a JDM EJ20 into a USDM car.