LegacyGT.com

Driver's side window switch

2 hours ago, creep_nu said:

if it were me...used OEM ones are all over ebay for $40.  i know used parts aren't everyone's bag though, and if it works it works, i just trust the manufacturer more than whichever company stamps them out

This is what I'd do if Amazon isn't good.

2 hours ago, creep_nu said:

if it were me...used OEM ones are all over ebay for $40.  i know used parts aren't everyone's bag though, and if it works it works, i just trust the manufacturer more than whichever company stamps them out

My only concern with a used one is....mine is a used one. 😄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Surprise surprise, I didn’t install the new switch. The lock/unlock switch had a different emblem than the other switches and it didn’t match the listing on Amazon. I thought I could swap the caps, but they are way different inside. 

Sent the switch back and will probably bite the bullet and get an OEM one.

IMG_1430.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

What is the OEM one that is failing doing?  Have you opened it up and checked the solder joints for cracking, crud buildup on the switches, etc.?  Might as well try to fix it before biting the bullet on a new OEM one!

• Like 2

^I do remember doing that to a mirror adjustment switch on a Ford Expedition.  

Opened it up and I forget exactly what I did along with a good cleaning and it works now.

Oh, I also worked up the nerve to open up the transmission gear position switch for a ZF 5HP24 when I saw a DIY online, a good cleaning and bending the contacts for a better connection solved the trans failsafe errors on that.

9 hours ago, DrD123 said:

What is the OEM one that is failing doing?  Have you opened it up and checked the solder joints for cracking, crud buildup on the switches, etc.?  Might as well try to fix it before biting the bullet on a new OEM one!

Tried that. It’s the driver’s window auto up/down. Pulled the switch apart, but you can’t get under the circuit board to the slider. It’s all soldered together and unserviceable. 

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...

So your reason for return was: you did not like door lock icon? We (in Europe) have switches with this icon. And does the icon matters if switch does the locking/unlocking job? 

Did you get the right switch? 

By the way, one good mod you could add is to get windows closure module (i sourced one on aliexpress). It closes your windows automatically when you lock the doors and adds auto windows closing feature (as we have with driver) 

On 1/10/2024 at 4:04 PM, creep_nu said:

sweet thanks!  plug and play i assume?

If remember correctly, it needs wiring to central lock, but i dont remember for sure. I purchased this unit and forgot where i put it, so i never installed. Other people said its easy. You just need to buy the correct one

20 hours ago, Brunzo said:

If remember correctly, it needs wiring to central lock, but i dont remember for sure. I purchased this unit and forgot where i put it, so i never installed. Other people said its easy. You just need to buy the correct one

kew kew thanks...pics looks like it has an in/out for the harness but we'll see...haven't ordered yet but it seems super handy