LegacyGT.com

What is the range of value for my 2010 Legacy GT, Ltd with Sti MT.

Car is in pristine condition.  It is my baby and daily driver.  164k miles.  No rust.  Car has been in FL since 2018.  Synthetic oil changed every 5k with top quality filter.  Grey metallic with black interior.  No rips or tears & no leaks.  A/c is ice cold.  Everything works perfectly.  New General G-Max RS tires.  Struts replaced about 3 years ago.  New stock turbo at about 115k. Engine tuned by TDC (about 385 hp) and the following add ons: 2015 STI 6mt, Borla catback, larger top mount intercooler, brighter led's for headlights and fogs, ACT clutch (4 months ago),  battery about 1 yr old, valve cover gaskets about 2.5 yrs old.  Stereo upgraded to Sony components and speakers.  Sounds almost as good as my top level home stereo.  Sirius radio integrated into the oem radio (factory). Rear view back up camera. I am going to be 75 in October.  I enjoy the car and do not abuse it.

Well - cars.com has a bunch of them on there

2011 2.5GT Limited, 163k miles, $6950

2010 2.5GT Limited, 132k miles, $10500

2010 2.5GT Limited, 117k miles, $12961

2012 2.5GT Limited, 112k miles, $13900

2010 2.5GT Premium, 158k miles, $11998

2010 2.5GT Limited, 104k miles, $9999

I am guessing with the right buyer, the STi 6mt is worth extra (though given how much work it is to get it in, some folks might be concerned - there was one person on here who has a build thread that goes through the ordeal they went through to swap out the stock 6MT with the STi unit.)  385hp suggests there are other mods on there (don't believe you can get there with just a tune and the OEM fuel pump/injectors/turbo)

Thanks for the reply.  The 385 hp is accurate.  TDC stated that in their experience 400 hp was the limit to keep reliability, assuming you did not "beat the xxxx out of the car".  Above 400 hp and you will light the fuse on eventual premature engine failure.  I drive the car rationally and stay out of the turbo (3,000 rpm) for the most part, only "stepping on it" occasionally.  The car is a shear joy to drive.  TDC installed the STI 6mt and did a great job.  What a difference from the oem 6mt.  The oem 6mt was like driving a slow shifting truck transmission.  The STI 6 mt is about 10,000 percent better.  Not a Porsche but very very nice.

I'll look up our cars from time to time and there never seems to be more than 7-8 for sell in the entire country. As mentioned, it will take the right buyer to justify the extra cost for the STI trans. I have a feeling I could rip off most of my mods and it wouldn't affect the resale value much at all, unless I found that buyer that valued it. 

I would say find a comparable car and add what you feel is a fair/acceptable amount for the mods you have done.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 8:37 AM, Falcor said:

I'll look up our cars from time to time and there never seems to be more than 7-8 for sell in the entire country. As mentioned, it will take the right buyer to justify the extra cost for the STI trans. I have a feeling I could rip off most of my mods and it wouldn't affect the resale value much at all, unless I found that buyer that valued it. 

I would say find a comparable car and add what you feel is a fair/acceptable amount for the mods you have done.  

Depends on where you live.

I see quite a lot of Gen 4 GTs for sale in my area. Gen 5s always one or two but not as many as gen 4s.  Then STIs and WRXs by the handful for sale daily. 

On 9/17/2023 at 8:12 PM, garygbnj said:

Thanks for the reply.  The 385 hp is accurate.  TDC stated that in their experience 400 hp was the limit to keep reliability, assuming you did not "beat the xxxx out of the car".  Above 400 hp and you will light the fuse on eventual premature engine failure.  I drive the car rationally and stay out of the turbo (3,000 rpm) for the most part, only "stepping on it" occasionally.  The car is a shear joy to drive.  TDC installed the STI 6mt and did a great job.  What a difference from the oem 6mt.  The oem 6mt was like driving a slow shifting truck transmission.  The STI 6 mt is about 10,000 percent better.  Not a Porsche but very very nice.

Here's the issue.

A dealer will give you blue book. They dont care about the mods at all from a value standpoint.  Chances are good some mechanic will strip the mods off anyway and resell or use them.  

Now private market is different. This is an enthusiast car. That's the market you are going for.  They know what they are buying and what the car has.

Here's my story. One of my cars is a 2013 Infiniti G37.  I have the full Stillen Supercharger conversion kit on the car. That does include new headers, a full Stillen exhaust, a stillen G3 intake, and of course the supercharger.  The kit with install was about 8 grand.  Could never get anything from a dealer.  Would need to sell to an avid enthusiast to ever get anything out of it.  Its paid off and just a toy to me now that I have moved up.

As far as the last statement.  I am a power junkie.  400 HP and 440 TQ was not enough for me. Had to buy a 2015 Lexus RC-F with the five liter V8. Stock puts out 470HP and 450 TQ.  Now I want to trade the wife's S4 for a GTR.

But back to the real world for a sec.  I would just keep the car and enjoy it.  Personally I would love to get walked by you just to see you roll.down the window and smile😉