LegacyGT.com

Turn signal issue

This is a new one for me. About 4 years ago I swapped in LED front turn signal bulbs and a CF18-08 relay to keep from having hyper flash. Today I noticed the left turn signal indicator in the dash would flash once, then stay off. The right turn signal works fine. 

So, I'm figuring it's either the relay or the turn signal switch on the column. Any pointers before I start replacing parts?

I think I ruled out the flasher. It seems to be the turn signal stalk/switch on the column. It’s intermittent and only on the left side. Weird thing is it will act up sometimes when the hazards are on as well.

5 hours ago, creep_nu said:

did you try moving the bulbs etc side to side

I have not tried that. Didn't feel like pulling the front bumper off last night. 😀

Thankfully the turn signal switch is only around $40.

17 hours ago, Falcor said:

I have not tried that. Didn't feel like pulling the front bumper off last night. 😀

Thankfully the turn signal switch is only around $40.

lol understand, as easy as it is to remove it's an enormous PITA.  personally, whenever something pops up on one side and not the other, if i can, i switch sides to see if the issue follows, helps pin-point issues.  but hey, $40 for a new switch ain't too bad

16 hours ago, silverton said:

If the issue presents with the hazards as well, the turn signal runs through the hazard switch, I'd put money on that aftermarket relay being the issue.

Went ahead and bought a new relay since it was only $15. It should be here tomorrow, so at least we can rule that one out.

38 minutes ago, Falcor said:

Went ahead and bought a new relay since it was only $15. It should be here tomorrow, so at least we can rule that one out.

I took the cover off mine before I installed it, just out of curiosity. If I remember correctly, there are two small relays inside it. Could be that one of them is bad. I'm sure they're probably use the cheapest Chinesium relays possible.