LegacyGT.com

Fuel Delivery Issues; Stranded in NM

Not a problem.  Can't say it is your exact cause, but similar scenario.  I recall it happening to a few different WRX, an STi and a (forum members) LGT all while I was driving.  I remember wiggling the STi in a parking lot and at least 1 WRX and the LGT on the shoulder of Interstate 15.  Always a huge exhale and relief when they cranked and started right up like nothing ever happened. 

I don't know how to verify in your situation.  Wish I could help more. 

If the crank angle sensor failed, albeit temporarily since it started right up in the next few days, would this cause fuel delivery issues? Asked another way, would the lack of crank angle sensor tell the ECU to not send fuel, or the amount of fuel needed, to start the engine and drive it?

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Loss of crank angle screws up everything.  Timing, spark, ecm reading rpm, and more.  As timing and spark are affected it makes sense so is fuel.  But if the car loses timing (loss of crank angle sensor) it can not start. 

Symptoms would be misfire, loss of power, stumble, engine shut down, inability to start.  In the STi I was parked, came back and it would not start.  All the others happened driving.  Each had engine shutdown while rolling and would not restart.  Not even a rolling clutch dump.  None had a CEL.  I caught one in a log and there was going to be a misfire CEL.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This would most closely describe my issues, and so I recon it'd be my issue. I'll be looking into testing the sensor and learning more about how they might fail (mine does have 195K miles on it, so that could be reason enough). I'll also probably start keeping my spare sensors on me, until I decide to lean forward on replacing the current one. 

MILKRUN  - Click Here