LegacyGT.com

A/C condenser fan/ passenger side radiator fan not coming on

Not sure when or for why the passenger side radiator mounted condenser fan is supposed to come on but as long as I’ve owned my car it hasn’t. Today I replaced my radiator assembly and the passenger side fan and after observing it for a good hour while bleeding the system, the radiator driver side fan comes on after a few cycles at operating temp, but not once did the passenger side condenser fan come on. Is this a common issue or has anyone dealt with this before? Please let me know I’d rather not just keep throwing parts at it lol. Possibly related when I ran the heat to bleed the system one vent side came on reallll hot and the other side maybe a lukewarm not even, a/c doesn’t blow very cold either, I have a condenser I’m getting put in professionally as I don’t have a machine but thought I’d include this detail. Radiator replacement went well though and the car does not over heat.

Edited by 1stTurbo

So… the main problem is the radiator fan not coming on correct?

Interior fans are another separate issue, and not related. (There is only one fan for your interior climate control.) If your interior hvac isn’t working correctly, inspect/replace the blend doors/actuators under your dash. Many threads here explaining the where and how.

Power the relay and see if the fan comes on.  If it does its not the fan.  Fan trigger is the A/C high pressure switch.  So that would then be the next check. 

Edited by m sprank

I believe the ac blowing hot is due to the compressor clutch, so unrelated. The main problem is the passenger side ac condenser fan that is mounted to the radiator doesn’t come on. The driver side one does.

I replaced the fan so either way it shouldn’t be the fan, I will check out the ac high pressure switch but where should I go from there if that’s not it? I’ve determined the compressor clutch doesn’t kick in as well so I’m likely going to replace that

WTF???  The radiator fans are the A/C fans.  Passenger side fan is triggered by the high pressure A/C switch.  Open the under hood relay box and identify the fan 2 relay.  Jump the relay.  If the fan comes on its good.  If the fan does not come on, verify that there is voltage to the fan.  Voltage and no fan = bad fan. 

If the fan runs then test the pressure switch. 

Your replacing parts without testing anything.  We call those types "part changers".  I can lead the horse to water, but I cant make them drink. 

If replacing the A/C compressor, I hope you have the proper tools and an EPA license.  Its a $10k fine to you and a $10k gift to me for informing.  Not to mention that without the proper tools the A/C will never function properly again anyway.

Edited by m sprank