LegacyGT.com

Security light always flashes

Do you have a physical copy of your vehicles owners manual?  If you don't you can easily find one online in pdf form by searching for your year make model and appending 'owners manual' to the end.  Inside of the owners manual is detailed information about your vehicle and how to do....the things.

• Like 1

Subaru also still offers all the owners manuals back to 2000

https://www.subaru.com/owners/vehicle-resources/manuals.html

2002 Legacy GT Manual: https://cdn.subarunet.com/stis/doc/ownerManual/MSA5M0201A.pdf

Page 93: 

`NOTE With the valet mode selected, the security system does not operate and the parking lights do not flash when the remote transmitter is used for locking and unlocking. The security system indicator light in the combination meter flashes twice per second to show that the valet mode is selected. For details, refer to “Valet mode” in this section.`

Page 96:

`To exit valet mode, open the driver’s door and keep the “UNLOCK/ DISARM” button pressed for more than two seconds. The indicator will stop flashing.`

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

I was damn close on the instructions and it has been over 20 years.  Swear I have forgotten more than most ever knew about these cars, lol. 

I've only been in the subaru game for 12 and share the same sentiments 🤣

On 4/29/2023 at 1:49 PM, Infosecdad said:

Subaru also still offers all the owners manuals back to 2000

https://www.subaru.com/owners/vehicle-resources/manuals.html

2002 Legacy GT Manual: https://cdn.subarunet.com/stis/doc/ownerManual/MSA5M0201A.pdf

Page 93: 

`NOTE With the valet mode selected, the security system does not operate and the parking lights do not flash when the remote transmitter is used for locking and unlocking. The security system indicator light in the combination meter flashes twice per second to show that the valet mode is selected. For details, refer to “Valet mode” in this section.`

Page 96:

`To exit valet mode, open the driver’s door and keep the “UNLOCK/ DISARM” button pressed for more than two seconds. The indicator will stop flashing.`

Thanls

• Like 1

That's definitely not normal, but it could be caused by a few different things.

One possibility is that the fuse for your security system is blown, causing the light to malfunction. So it might be worth checking the fuse box to see if that's the issue.

Another possibility is that the alarm system itself is going bad, but if the alarm is still functioning properly, then that's probably not the case.

One other thing to consider is that there could be a wiring issue somewhere in the system, which could be causing the light to stay on. That could be a bit trickier to diagnose, but it's worth checking out if the fuse and alarm don't seem to be the problem.

17 minutes ago, MitchRoyce said:

That's definitely not normal, but it could be caused by a few different things.

One possibility is that the fuse for your security system is blown, causing the light to malfunction. So it might be worth checking the fuse box to see if that's the issue.

Another possibility is that the alarm system itself is going bad, but if the alarm is still functioning properly, then that's probably not the case.

One other thing to consider is that there could be a wiring issue somewhere in the system, which could be causing the light to stay on. That could be a bit trickier to diagnose, but it's worth checking out if the fuse and alarm don't seem to be the problem.

New guy.  Welcome to the forum.

From the OP "My security light flashes even when the ignition is on/car is in gear. Alarm works, the problem is the light."

Alarm works, its not a fuse.  The alarm system is in "Valet Mode".  Had customers arrive with the car in this state for years and not realize or know why.  We would reset it and some would ask "what happened to that light?".   Cars are ageing and anything is possible.  But first step is following the owners manual procedure to disengage valet mode. 

One step at a time. 

Edited by m sprank

That post reads like ChatGPT or similar to me and that got me curious about those websites that check.... you be the judge 🤣

99% through and through

99AIwritten.PNG.93ecb10c9dbe8d18ba48fd3088545ed5.PNG

Capture.PNG.3de14d16734eff78d9933b8756c0fc58.PNG

Edited by silverton
  • Confused 1

Showing my age.  @MitchRoyce posted in another thread I was responding to earlier with a similar post.  What is this ChatGPT/GPTZero stuff???  AI algorithms posting on forums?  Is it time for me to go completely off grid as the end of the world is obviously upon us?  Skynet anyone???

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/4/2023 at 8:01 PM, m sprank said:

Showing my age.  @MitchRoyce posted in another thread I was responding to earlier with a similar post.  What is this ChatGPT/GPTZero stuff???  AI algorithms posting on forums?  Is it time for me to go completely off grid as the end of the world is obviously upon us?  Skynet anyone???

Kinda odd perspective, buddy. I'm real. I was just answering questions, maybe in the same style. Is that a crime?

On 5/4/2023 at 4:55 PM, silverton said:

That post reads like ChatGPT or similar to me and that got me curious about those websites that check.... you be the judge 🤣

99% through and through

99AIwritten.PNG.93ecb10c9dbe8d18ba48fd3088545ed5.PNG

Capture.PNG.3de14d16734eff78d9933b8756c0fc58.PNG

What the heck is going on 🤣 What is this tool you checked it with? I wanna give it a try. 

P.S. Found it myself. And it actually freaked me out 😶 I was just hanging out on this forum and talking with people, and then some app from internet said that my messages are AI-generated.

It's really creepy.

Edited by MitchRoyce

I hope I didn't offend, just having some fun!

Is english your first language?  I checked several of your other posts and they were reported as human text. I have heard that the detectors have a difficult time with non-native english writers because of how their native language formulates a sentence.

• Like 1

I know nothing of any of this and dont care to search.  Looking into generators, water purifiers,  gravity fed hydro systems etc as I prepare.  Cleaning and polishing the weapons and taking inventory of the ammo.    Friggin Terminators. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, silverton said:

I hope I didn't offend, just having some fun!

Is english your first language?  I checked several of your other posts and they were reported as human text. I have heard that the detectors have a difficult time with non-native english writers because of how their native language formulates a sentence.

Yes it is. And that's why I got so confused by this AI stuff. Really weird.