LegacyGT.com

Which OE does Subaru use for suspension parts?

Subaru is the OE…so dealer is your only option for oem stuff as far as suspension goes. Heuberger Subaru/flat irons tuning has pretty good prices on parts and is a sponsor on here. If you don’t want to go to your local dealer they’re an option. Otherwise, aftermarket would have to be it. 
Edit: shocks are kyb 
springs are oem so are bushings. That’s probably 90% of it. 

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 2

Ok thanks!
Just strange that with BMW Ive always been happy with TRW, Bilstein, Lemforder etc..
But with Subaru, the only other options I can find are chinese made and not very good (Moog, Mevotech, Dormann)

Oh ok gotcha.

So far I have ordered Lemforder sway bar links, although these ones are made in Taiwan im hoping they still have the German quality control.

Was quoted $370 locally for a control arm, so I think I might try to replace all the bushings in the current arm

While I don't buy *all* OEM stuff, I think if you really look at price differences between OE and good quality aftermarket for Subaru, it often isn't that much of a difference. That is to say, that while they're pricey, I think a lot of the OEM Subaru stuff is priced kinda reasonably for what it is. There isn't quite enough room for the aftermarket (or at least the good quality stuff) to really price low and make much money.

I've seen BMW OEM stuff be so incredibly expensive from the dealer that there is a lot of room to make a good aftermarket part, at a much better price and still turn a profit (BMW just as an example...).

Maybe the case, maybe not. Subaru is also a pretty small player on the automotice market here in general too. Probably lots of parts some companies could make easily enough, but they've run the numbers and it doesn't make sense to bother given the size of the Sooby fleet out there....

On 4/13/2023 at 6:23 AM, Zac88 said:

Ok thanks!
Just strange that with BMW Ive always been happy with TRW, Bilstein, Lemforder etc..
But with Subaru, the only other options I can find are chinese made and not very good (Moog, Mevotech, Dormann)

Moog is NOT Chinese... they are U.S., a quality aftermarket suspension parts company that has been around for decades. https://www.drivparts.com/brands/moog.html

14 hours ago, jes. said:

Moog is NOT Chinese... they are U.S., a quality aftermarket suspension parts company that has been around for decades. https://www.drivparts.com/brands/moog.html

Lol.  Moog makes parts in 16 countries, none of which are the US.  Might still be US based, but they make NOTHING in America. 

Edited by m sprank