LegacyGT.com

Legacy with controversial modifications

KarlAllen

Hi, I'm Karl. The reason I'm writing this is because I'm a little confused. One of my buddies wants to sell me his Legacy B4, which is hard modified. The modifications includes:

1. Swapped engine. I don't know where he've found engine from bimmer and how he installed it, but it actually work.
2. Air suspencion. I'm not sure that this is good stuff for Legacy.
3. Some weird widebody kits.

I understand that this car is kinda tacky and it has a lot of unnecessary parts, but the guy needs money badly. So I have a dilemma. Should I take it or not? And if I'll take it, will it be hard to undo all this awful stuff he did with his car? 

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Engine swaps are as hard to undo as they were to do in the first place. Harder if heavy fabrication was needed to fit the new engine.

Nothing wrong with air suspension done properly. Unfortunately for every good air ride setup on the road, there are many that are terrible.

I wouldn't count on being able to undo the body mods.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Haze said:

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Engine swaps are as hard to undo as they were to do in the first place. Harder if heavy fabrication was needed to fit the new engine.

Nothing wrong with air suspension done properly. Unfortunately for every good air ride setup on the road, there are many that are terrible.

I wouldn't count on being able to undo the body mods.

Yeah, I know. It's just the dude is in need. Maybe I will help him to find a buyer instead. As for car itself - I see your point and I agree with you.

Run as far as you can from this car, and tell your friend sorry. His fiscal problems are not yours. You could do what I do when people need some help, offer 500 cash take it or leave it. I have got some golden things doing that. It's about business, got to look out for me. Just my 2cents