LegacyGT.com

Center bin options: storage, navigation, gauges

What would you want for your bin area above the stereo?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want for your bin area above the stereo?

• storage compartment
    • OnStar & trip computer & volt/acceleration/mpg gauges
    • 3 gauges like the STi Genome
    • aftermarket dvd/navigation screen

[quote name='SUBE555']Yeah, the Defi's are super expensive, I think they're in the $500-1000 range if memory serves. Better yet would be to have boost, EGT, Oil Temp, and Oil Pressure built into the dash! :D But it would also make the models a bit more expensive as well as complicate things for NA models. Would probably look a bit cluttered too. There was an interesting pic with that over on NASIOC a few months back.[/quote] What do you mean "built into the dash". Isn't a gauge set like the above Genome set in the dash? I personally don't like the LCD screen because I don't think that those are very easily viewed. The gauge could then be limited in how fast the needle could move depending on the screens refresh rate. I'm not fully aware of electronics, but could that be an issue? OK, so the Defi are awesome for those rollin' in the cheddar, but some regular ole gauges would work fine as well. Given that the gauge cluster from Subaru costs about $800 for the WRX, I could see moving up to $1000 for the uber-cool Defi's (even if it IS a gimmick :D ).

Yes, that type, if accurate, would be the best. somehow I don't really want to see a three gauge A-pillar mount on this type of car. I guess I could see a 1 gauge A-pillar mount or a boost gauge in the window corner like Subigal sells.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it just me, or is the interior stereo a little different from the JDM and the USDM model. the two knobs on the bottom are different right? the US ones stick out a little... while the JDM model is a lot more cleaner looking? is this just me or is it just the pics that are different? :o there's a lot of differences it seems from the USDM and JDM models..... LIKE NO NAVI... :evil:

• 3 months later...
I'll mention it to our SoA rep at the SIA plant tour in a couple weeks if I can remember. It seems to simple to add in a line for iPods and MP3 players granted they use the same line setup. Maybe the RIAA is jumping on their backs.

Archived