LegacyGT.com

RPM Fluctuation when idling/coasting...(Cyl. 246 misfire too)?

Hello, All

I've got a '10 3.6r Limited with 170k on the clock and I've noticed a few things that I'm trying to pinpoint the cause of...

When cold, lately I notice that the RPMs are fairly erratic. They jump up (as expected), but then don't stay stable, there're drops in the RPM almost as if though someone is revving the engine at like 1 second intervals. It normalizes after about 30 seconds, with the occasional spurt here and there until it's warm.

The next issue, which I think might be related, is that when coasting/cruising along at around 40mph, the car feels like it's jerking. The RPM visibly dips, then it throws out the 246 bank misfire code. No other codes, just that. I've changed the coils and plugs less than 10k miles ago. OH...also, the economy gauge fluctuates.

The only other thing that is a possibly related symptom...when warm, if I tap the gas (while in park), the RPM goes up as expected, but then dips low (450-500ish) then goes back to "normal".

Keywords for those who search in the future: Stutter, stuttering, sporadic, stall, stalling

Ok, I'm looking to buy and replace all...3? Of them, or is it 4? The parts diagram only shows 3 but I'm reading there's actually 4.

Is it that there's a right and left upper (intake) and the exhaust ones are the same number for both?