LegacyGT.com

VF46 failure, housing grooved, reusable?

Would it be ill advised to put a new CHRA into this housing? Failed due to starvation, didn’t lose any fins, none noticeably worn down, but it appears there was contact. Most of what you see cannot be felt, but the two most defined grooves just catch a fingernail. Cold side air intake. 

3874F6A1-0BBD-4ED3-9E8B-5D0972D885FB.thumb.jpeg.fad13d1c5b708cbbd77779deaf0debc9.jpeg

Edited by joomanburning
clarity

• joomanburning changed the title to VF46 failure, housing grooved, reusable?

No doubt. There is nobody in Alaska who rebuilds anything but diesel turbo’s, only one of them, and I tried like hell to get them to look at this.  I reached out to user JmP but like others I’m getting no response and the message has been read. There is one of JmP’s VF40’s in the classifieds from BoozeRS05….

21 hours ago, joomanburning said:

No doubt. There is nobody in Alaska who rebuilds anything but diesel turbo’s, only one of them, and I tried like hell to get them to look at this.  I reached out to user JmP but like others I’m getting no response and the message has been read. There is one of JmP’s VF40’s in the classifieds from BoozeRS05….

Give @JmP6889928 a minute. He's not lighting fast on responses here, but he will get to you. I have his (business, not personal) email and can ask if that's something he comfortable having passed out.

His customer service when dealing with him was *very* fast tho, and he even called me just to check in on how my turbo was running a little while after I installed it. (Which he was also available to troubleshoot.)