LegacyGT.com

Checking off winter projects before track season starts...

Finally making some headway on my winter checklist with the track car.  I've been wanting to pull the carpets for awhile and with Santa bringing me a Cool-Shirt system, it was the perfect time to yank them so I could have a good base to mount on.  Leaving the drivers seat footwell as is for now until I can source a good heel rest so it doesn't throw off my pedal to floor spacing.  Also took the time to gut most of the heavy tar insulation, (everywhere you see grey).  It was a bitch but a heat gun and some techniques I figured out made it somewhat tolerable.  Carpet and insulation out lightened me up 35lbs.  Discovered holes in the rear pass floorboard that were miraculously located just where I wanted to mount the Cool-Shirt bracket.  Even sized up right for M8 riv-nuts :) 

Got my Setrab Oil cooler mounted up.  Again, shocked to discover that 3 of 4 mounting points were exactly where I wanted the cooler and I was able to use the front rad support bolts that were already there to mount.  Once the cooler was in, had the lines built, routed and connected to the sandwich plate at Surgeline in Portland to ensure it would be good to go.  Also had them swap in a Fluid Dampr pulley.  

Got my V.2 brake ducts from RooDucts re-installed as well.  A few more boxes to check and I'll be ready for the season.

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

Edited by shralp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Looking great! That tar insulation must have been a PAIN - I’ve only removed small areas and it sucked. How much weight do you figure it saved?

The total weight out of the car was 35 lbs and it looked to be about 50/50 between the tar insulation and the weight of the carpet.  Will probably drop another 10 lbs once I pull the drivers footwell carpet and the insulation underneath.  There is also tar insulation under each seat that I need to yank out at some point as well.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...