LegacyGT.com

WTB - Subtle Solutions Rad Shroud - Must be Black, BP/BL (Found)

This one is a long shot, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.

Decided to try out a Subtle Solutions rad shroud, since any little bit of extra cooling help is good, and I've got some cruddy paint and rust on my upper rad suppor bar that could use hiding.

They're the only one I found that works with the stock intake without being cut up.... Wrote to order one, and heard from the owner (seems like an awesome dude) that they only have red and blue, (which are out of the question) and are unlikely to make more given the age of the platform.

I look through Classifieds often enough, but figured maybe someone has an old one lying around, or maybe has come across one in a scrapyard, who knows.

Hit me with what you got if there is something out there.

Next step will be cutting up a Grimmspeed one, since they're cheap enough.

EDIT: Manufacturer doesn't have any/isn't making more (tho he answered a pile of emails, and very kindly offered to send a more expensive part in it's place....Thanks Brad) But some aftermarkets suppliers still appear to have stock. So, while trying to buy direct for max $$$ to small businesses generally, it didn't work out in this case.

Edited by KZJonny

• KZJonny changed the title to WTB - Subtle Solutions Rad Shroud - Must be Black, BP/BL (Found)

Just figured I would throw this out there as well.

If anyone else was considering a Subtle Solutions rad cover/shroud (black), RallySportDirect has exaclty 3 left.

SS has blue and red if you're looking to add some bling to the bay tho.

It works with the stock intake and is powdercoated stainless, which was the appeal to me, since I don't envisions ever getting to power level that require an aftermarket intake, and I lean on that part frequently, so I don't *quite* trust stamped aluminium to hold up to the abuse. I see this as a functional part more than just a dress-up.

No tool tray. Sorry.

Brad at Subtle was awesome, and I'm still buying some things from him instead of the cover. Happy to be able to support a small business at least a little.

• Like 1

:)

I have one in Black unit from them... went the same route. Direct as possible.

Cut it in half since I couldn't run it with the Madrig snorkus.

Was happy to find the second half during the motor install as I went back to the stock snorkus.

Edited by kzr750r1