LegacyGT.com

Official: North Central Spotted thread! Newbs see if youve been seen!

gfxdave99

I was out at Gingerman Raceway last weekend for a ChumpCar race, about to move my truck to hook up the trailer, and some Subie wagon pulls up right in front of my trailer and a guy gets out. I, not thinking anything about a random Subie wagon parking next to my RBP LGT wagon (which I so kindly let my girlfriend drive out to the track for the weekend), didn't realize right away that it had the same wheels and stance as mine........

One of the friends of another team brought his '05 M/T LGT wagon out, and wanted a pic next to mine before they left! AWESOME! How often do you see 2 stock (er, near stock) '05 M/T LGT wagons parked to each other? at a track? LOL. I just hope the guy is on here and posts the pic he wanted to take! My car needs some love (especially since the chumper didn't get as much love as she deserves...)

• 2 weeks later...

This is on E85. The pull went to 7500, but the RPM pick up for the dyno was acting up and stopped recording around 6.

Here is a full pull, in 3rd and 4th gears. Torque isn't shown, since it turned into a big mess after 6k rpm and would jump over 800tq.

http://www.strizzyphoto.com/photos/i-F38cvGw/0/O/i-F38cvGw.jpg

Edited by Strizzy

I also found out today that an STI (tuned by the same tuner) with a GTX3576R made only 455hp, but 490tq. I built my heads to handle a 8k RPM, but the GTX3076R starts to drop off steadily after ~7250rpm. The GTX3576R continues to hold power up to 8k+. My GTX3076R hits peak power ~750RPM sooner than the GTX3576R. The STI has the same injectors, larger cams, same pistons (but with the higher CR B25 heads), +1mm valves/springs/retainers, NO port or polish of the heads. Also running E85.

My power curve is EXACTLY how I planned my motor build to be.

What turbo will you be running?

Anyone have Ganster's email address? I want to make sure I have everything lined up that he needs for my tune.

Also want to confirm the date as he was getting ready to go to the Dyno with Strizzy after I talked to him, and god knows i would have been excited to see that beast rip up the dyno.

I think you PM'd me asking the same question, but I forgot to respond.

Send Cobb a request for access tuner race. Download the file they email to you. Save it to a USB flash drive. Bring that to gangster. That's all you really need, besides your car, AP, and USB cable.

I also found out today that an STI (tuned by the same tuner) with a GTX3576R made only 455hp, but 490tq. I built my heads to handle a 8k RPM, but the GTX3076R starts to drop off steadily after ~7250rpm. The GTX3576R continues to hold power up to 8k+. My GTX3076R hits peak power ~750RPM sooner than the GTX3576R. The STI has the same injectors, larger cams, same pistons (but with the higher CR B25 heads), +1mm valves/springs/retainers, NO port or polish of the heads. Also running E85.

My power curve is EXACTLY how I planned my motor build to be.

What turbo will you be running?

Does your GTX3076R not hold boost up top or does it just slide out of its efficiency range?

I'll be running the same DOM1.5XT-R that I have. I think it's essentially a stock location GTX3071. I'll be running stage 1 cams with porting and upgraded springs and valves. I'll be running pump gas to start but may make either a 110 race gas or E98 tune for runs at the strip.