LegacyGT.com

Clutch replacement 05 Legacy GT

Can't go wrong with OEM Exedy. Pretty sure they're the factory supplier, at least for the 6mt. Recently pulled mine with 80k and looked perfect. car has about 300hp/330tq, no issues.

$1,000-$1,500 is not a bad price for parts & labor. but that can vary quite a bit by region. Lowest I've seen for subie clutch labor was about $500-$600

11 hours ago, hateitorloveit said:

Can someone verify that these are the 2 parts (clutch fork and pivot pin) that are recommended to replace if I was to use the OEM Exedy set? 

I see other parts like the clutch (part 30534) spring as well in this list of parts...

image.thumb.png.62e9431d5a68d8a8ce4576d9c8177c8c.png

• 2 weeks later...

Fyi when discussing options with my shop it was mentioned that even if I kept stock configuration I would need to replace the bolts along with a new dual mass flywheel 

The shop if the flywheel has never been changed there is a good chance some of the bolts would be stripped and require grinding to get a good purchase to remove 

Their strongest suggestion was ditching the dual mass all together , alternative is new dual mass with a different kind of hardware so it can easily be removed next time.

I went with a single mass 

My shop is truly very good , if they say they often have a bitch of a time getting those bolts out , I imagine you may  as well 

On 12/21/2022 at 9:20 AM, hateitorloveit said:

Can someone verify that these are the 2 parts (clutch fork and pivot pin) that are recommended to replace if I was to use the OEM Exedy set? 

I see other parts like the clutch (part 30534) spring as well in this list of parts...

image.thumb.png.62e9431d5a68d8a8ce4576d9c8177c8c.png

Yepper and I went with forged replacements , cost was roughly 80 dollars more than new OEM