LegacyGT.com

Wheel bearing, how long until they seize?

Hello all,

Got a 2009 Subaru Legacy with of course a front wheel bearing making noise at only 85k miles, I've always had a vibration in the left wheel I was never able to trace down and was not going to start throwing parts at it but It finally showed it's self.

I was just curious at this point if any damage can be done to any other components from driving on it for a few more hundred miles, around 100. I have no play in the wheel It's just noise I do have the bearing on order that was supposed to come in today and was going to replace it tomorrow but of course shipping delays. 

I just want to know about how long they will go before they seize I just need it to last me at least another 100 miles. 

Edited by Jags

So I went ahead and replaced the Left wheel bearing with a Detroit Axle that went smoothly and my Wheel vibration is gone, bad part noise is still there so the right one is also bad.

Nice thing about the Detroit axle wheel hubs is that they were not so expensive and Cruise control does not have any issues unlike a lot of reports I have heard of cheap Chinese ones having Cruise issues. 

• Like 2