LegacyGT.com

2006 OBXT parts

Phosoup253

Have first dibs on a 2006 OBXT 5eat part out. 
Originally went to see if I can snag the turbo because the owner said it was recently replaced, but sure enough it was one of them replicas. 
Was able to snag a few other parts but was wondering if anything was worthwhile or an upgrade for my 2005 Legacy GT.

It has the factory black leather interior which looks to be in great condition and heater functioning. Only issue is the motor on passenger side is not working. And, how difficult would it be to get the power seats to work on my non powered legacy wagon. 

Edited by Phosoup253

Nothing off the obxt is an upgrade for the LGT, unless you want taller suspension for a higher stance. It’s pretty much the same car. A lot of obxt owners upgrade brakes from the LGT. Not sure what’s involved with swapping seats from non-powered seats. Probably not too difficult, just tedious with installing wires.

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo

Replica turbos aren't necessarily crap. If it was purchased from an auto parts store it may be OK. If it's some eBay $150 special then we might raise some eyebrows.

The only thing I can think of that I'd want out of an Outback is the black leather interior to get rid of the beige interior in my car. Depends on what you can swap over from your non-Limited car.

Here’s my current set up. There are some stubborn stain from my sons Apple juice I can’t seem to get rid of. Maybe steam or wet vac would do the trick but haven’t tried. 
Also my heat pad on driver sides is no longer working. 
I didn’t pay attention or don’t know if the door panels are any different or even compatible.

95E2C975-AE53-4DE2-97BD-01844661E11A.jpeg

55B643BF-A36F-41B7-B266-C4F761A46B8F.jpeg

Edited by Phosoup253

Door panels are identical. A bunch of P&S Carpet Bomb plus a carpet extractor like a Bissell Spotclean should do the trick on the apple juice if on your carpet or cloth seats. 

As for swapping in power seats, I can't imagine it would be easy. There likely isn't a wiring harness function for it on your non-limited car. 

These threads would likely do better in the 4th gen section...

As for powered seat wiring harness, I'd honestly be surprised if there was a limited harness and a base harness. Back in my Jeep days, the base harness had pigtails for all sorts of additional options. It's cheaper to make one harness instead of several. Even the limiteds would have additional options requiring more pigtails. Nav, subwoofer, rear view mirror come to mind. (Not sure if what I'm saying is accurate, just guessing and supposing. )

Edited by seanyb505
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Phosoup253 said:

Maybe I was impressed by the power seats and leather seats and moon roof. 

I have the non limited wagon so everything seems like an upgrade 

Ahhh ok. I’ve got a limited wagon, but sunroof needs to be taken out and regreased and needs a new switch. Just more stuff to fix is really what it boils down to lol…leather would be easier to clean, even if it wasn’t electronic (ie, if you didn’t hook up the electronics). But also what condition is it in? Mines great except for the drivers seat…but getting it recovered would also be a small fortune. Something to consider.

I did not know I posted in photo section. If mod see, can you please move or can someone guide me how to. 
The leather seats in the outback were in 8/10 fronts and rear 9/10.  My only other concern was the motor not working on the passenger side. 
He wanted $150 but I’m sure I can get them for $100 front bad back. 

Edited by Phosoup253