LegacyGT.com

Replacement wheel well liner retainer clips

Swapped my headlight bulbs this evening and unfortunately broke quite a few clips in the process.

Would anyone happen to the know the part numbers for the clips? (there are two kinds, if that matters)

Thank you =)

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine

Ask google to find the plastic clips for a Subaru, You'll be able to buy a kit for about what a dealer would sell you three or four for.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

1 hour ago, scrupul0us said:

Swapped my headlight bulbs this evening and unfortunately broke quite a few clips in the process.

Why?  All four headlight bulbs are easily accessible from the engine compartment.  Did you perhaps mean the fog light bulbs?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Thanks for all the replies.

13 hours ago, Max Capacity said:

Ask google to find the plastic clips for a Subaru, You'll be able to buy a kit for about what a dealer would sell you three or four for.

I'd looked on Amazon and there are various kits with various sizes. I didn't want to buy a kit full of items I'd never use and figured I'd ask which ones I needed. Thanks.

12 hours ago, ammcinnis said:

Why?  All four headlight bulbs are easily accessible from the engine compartment.  Did you perhaps mean the fog light bulbs?

Low beam bulb, YT videos all showed going through the wheel well, so, that's what I did. Only took a few minutes. Thanks.

9 hours ago, ronemus said:

Thank you very much 😃

Trust me, if you plan to keep the car, over time you'll use more clips.

This link will take you to the OEM parts. Or, most Dealers website has a link to parts. 

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

15 minutes ago, Max Capacity said:

Trust me, if you plan to keep the car, over time you'll use more clips.

This link will take you to the OEM parts. Or, most Dealers website has a link to parts. 

For some reason the forums state I don't have permission to view the link you posted. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Infosecdad said:

I use that along with https://parts.subaru.com for most of my searches.

Why didn't I think of this in the first place? Hah, thanks 😃

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scrupul0us said:

Low beam bulb, YT videos all showed going through the wheel well, so, that's what I did.

That was true for Gen 5 Legacy (and Gen 4 Outback), but not for Gen 6 Legacy (2015-2019). You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble and aggravation.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, ammcinnis said:

That would be correct for Gen 5 Legacy (and Gen 4 Outback), but not for Gen 6 Legacy (2015-2019). You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble and aggravation.

I'll know better for next time, thanks 😃