LegacyGT.com

Does Momo Shift Knob and Steering Wheel = Short Shifter?

7 hours ago, seanyb505 said:

The 3 spoke momo wheel was stock on some legacies. Not sure about the shift knob, but that's also an easy install for a potential previous owner. I don't think it indicated short throw. 

Okay, thanks.  Any good way to tell whether I have a short shifter?  Not sure how to identify it. 

If you are able to measure the throw distance between a couple of gates, I’m sure someone can do the same on a known short throw shifter. I’ve got a Cobb installed, so that may not be the same as a factory one, but it would give you an idea.

I’ve also got an unused OEM short throw in a box somewhere, if you’re looking for one.

26 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

If you are able to measure the throw distance between a couple of gates, I’m sure someone can do the same on a known short throw shifter. I’ve got a Cobb installed, so that may not be the same as a factory one, but it would give you an idea.

I’ve also got an unused OEM short throw in a box somewhere, if you’re looking for one.

I'll have to wait 'til I get the car back from the shop, but that's a good idea.

Not sure what route I want to go or if it's worth it but I'll keep this in mind!

No the STS was a different option in 05. In my wagon, I had the dealer install the STS and stock knob as well as the MOMO wheel, before I picked it up June 28 2004.

STS p/n is C1010AG000

MOMO knob p/n C1010SE000 (M/T) C101ESA000 (A/T)

Oh, I see the MOMO came in the car.(second page about 2" down) Oh, I also see the pre-delivery check list is dated June 29 2004. Yeah, I kept all that stuff.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

• Thanks 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 1:37 PM, KZJonny said:

On 9/25/2022 at 10:35 AM, Max Capacity said:

No the STS was a different option in 05. In my wagon, I had the dealer install the STS and stock knob as well as the MOMO wheel, before I picked it up June 28 2004.

STS p/n is C1010AG000

MOMO knob p/n C1010SE000 (M/T) C101ESA000 (A/T)

Oh, I see the MOMO came in the car.(second page about 2" down) Oh, I also see the pre-delivery check list is dated June 29 2004. Yeah, I kept all that stuff.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Okay, I measured the throws and they're right about 3.5".

Does that help identify the shifter?

How does the stock STS compare to a Cobb or Kartboy?

My car is at the body shop, but I can take some measurements when I get it back next week.

Only ever driven one with stock shifter and mine with a Cobb. I like the short throw better. More effort to move the stick, but even considering that, I can shift with just my fingertips.