LegacyGT.com

Fluid change ?

Yes, I had mine flushed by the dealership around 50k miles.  I have a 2019 3.6R that sees track duty so I also had them install the OEM trans cooler from the outback.

All went well....but it's not cheap. There's heated debate on whether or not to change and subsequently drain/fill or flush. If you are even asking I'll bet you don't believe in "lifetime fluids" like me.  When asked the dealership confidently recommended the flush over the drain/fill.

Let me know if there's anything else you want to know about it.

Hmmm I'll look it up when I get home...the rub is that the CVT fluid you need isn't sold in stores by the liter/qt. At least this is what I've come to understand....they get it by the barrel at the dealerships...

I could be wrong. Either way I have both the FSM and my receipt at home so I'll look and let you know.

Hmmm I'll look it up when I get home...the rub is that the CVT fluid you need isn't sold in stores by the liter/qt. At least this is what I've come to understand....they get it by the barrel at the dealerships...

I could be wrong. Either way I have both the FSM and my receipt at home so I'll look and let you know.

Edit: ok the FSM says 13.2-13.7 US qts. I was charged for 10qts during my flush.  There may have been more in the "flush service kit" they used and/or 3 qts just stayed in the trans.  I'd think a drain and fill would require fewer qts than all that but I'm curious to see you find the proper fluid to begin with. Keep us posted.