LegacyGT.com

Can I get a Valet key or does it need to be new?

Ok, well I have not researched this to a great extent but looking into getting a valet key for my Soob. I do a lot of fly fishing and I need for someone to plant my car at my takeout point. I would like to get a valet key made. Is this a possibility? All I want someone to do is drop my car off at the takeout. Lock my doors manually and before closing the door put the key into the center console! To make a spare key looks to be a small fortune, but I know my fellow Soob folks here will get me some insight!

image.thumb.jpeg.b85642dd843e2237c8b27e523d5eb4fb.jpeg

" in her natural habitat while I float down a river in W Va!"

You can get a key cut for cheap to unlock the door.

The chip in the key for the immobilizer is the expensive part and if you don't have another key already programmed, you will have to pay a lock smith to program one for you. Call and ask how much. You can buy them on ebay.

It sounds like all you need though is the mechanical key cut to open the door when you get to your takeout if the key is inside the vehicle that will be used for starting the car.

You can even buy the FOB on ebay and program it to the car youself, so you have a key and fob. But it can't start the car without the immoblizer chip.

Watch this to get an idea of what the chip in the key is: 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tdelker said:

You can get a key cut for cheap to unlock the door.

The chip in the key for the immobilizer is the expensive part and if you don't have another key already programmed, you will have to pay a lock smith to program one for you. Call and ask how much. You can buy them on ebay.

It sounds like all you need though is the mechanical key cut to open the door when you get to your takeout if the key is inside the vehicle that will be used for starting the car.

You can even buy the FOB on ebay and program it to the car youself, so you have a key and fob. But it can't start the car without the immoblizer chip.

Watch this to get an idea of what the chip in the key is: 

Actually I will have the key fob on me.   I need someone to drive my car from where I put my boat in and drive it down river a few miles to where I pull my boat out!  They need to be able to drive my Soob a few miles. Lock the car manually and before closing the door put the valet key in the center console.  I have I exp this well enough sometimes my brain does not workl!