LegacyGT.com

Cusco F+R Swaybars

danbart

Finally installed both front & rear Cusco NON adjustable sway bars.

The install is easy. The rear bar (21mm) goes in no problem. The front (23mm) requires a bit more work. Removing a protion of the engine support frame. The bolts to the frame are tourqued on really tight. Taking it easy the whole process from start to finish took a coule of hours doing it on my own and drinking coffee.

Haven't had a chance to drive the car hard yet because of all the snow, but so far I'm very pleased. The ride is a bit firmer, but not harsh at all. There is a noticable difference in cornering. The car feels much flatter and tracks through the curve better. Gone is the roll and sway of before.

Overall I'd give the Cusco Blue Non Adjustable Swaybars 2 thumbs up!

Werd! Another Springs member! Well... I live in Fountain... but that's close enough!

Thanx for the feedback. I KNOW I'm getting these... but it's always good to hear more positive review on a product one is going to purchase!

Let us know when you finally get to push it hard!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Denver here! Thanks for the review, I may go with the rear sway, but from what i understand a front sway really doesn't help much (??)

I have iON springs on the way, so I'll wait until after I have them installed before making my final decision.

I have to say that CDOT really doesn't know how to properly pave a road. Even the freshly paved roads out here are bumpy and feel like total crap...

^^One of the reasons I want a beater for daily driving & work. That way I can truly choose where I take the LGT!

I've read on another review of the Cusco sway bars that the front DOES in fact make a difference. He installed the rear and felt the difference, but noticed something "off" about the front. Then he installed the front & everything was kosher after that!

I could be wrong though. I'd have to do a few searches on this forum again!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

When approaching a corner at speed most of the load shift of the car is going to go to the front outside tire because of the inertia of the mass of the vehicle and because that is where the majority of the weight on a front engine vehicle is.

So yes a front swaybar is very important!

I've had my Cusco Sways (Front & Rear) on for just about a month now and I absolutely love them. I am driving on the stock springs and tires still, but I do have a Cusco Front tower strut installed. This whole setup works great. The car sticks like glue around corners and has a nice solid feeling. It corners nice and flat too. I'm still amazed by how hard I can take corners now. What an amazing difference these bars make!

The only downside is that I feel the bumps in the road a whole lot more now. The ride quality is a little rougher.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I've had my Cusco Sways (Front & Rear) on for just about a month now and I absolutely love them. I am driving on the stock springs and tires still, but I do have a Cusco Front tower strut installed. This whole setup works great. The car sticks like glue around corners and has a nice solid feeling. It corners nice and flat too. I'm still amazed by how hard I can take corners now. What an amazing difference these bars make!

The only downside is that I feel the bumps in the road a whole lot more now. The ride quality is a little rougher.

which one adj. or non-adj.?

I thought tower braces provide a somewhat unnoticable difference?

the ones with pivot points like the one below would make very little difference

http://www.subaru.com/microsites/spt/sptImages/ST2050021000.jpg

but this makes a very noticeable difference. i know i owned both types on my hondas

http://www.racingworks.com/images/neuspeed_polishedsmall.gif

Archived