LegacyGT.com

What would you like to see in an exhaust system?

WorxTuning

I completely agree with the way you're taking this...peformance with class, a perfect match for this car. I really feel either twin tips on each side or one ~3" rolled tip on each side is the way to go, no way 5" tips suit this car. I'm all for a deep but mellow sound most of teh time and then mean sounding when you're really booting on it.

+1

My vote for quiet smaller dual tip dual exhaust

+1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the look of the Leggy's factory tips, how a bout something like that. Real stealthy like! Would those be the double walled rolled tip type?

-"Q"

+1 for liking the stock look tip or one more of an oval shape.

We are going to start working on a system next week. I am finishing up the cold air and short ram intake prototypes this weekend.

Keep the responses coming and I will let everyone know what we are coming up with.

I'm pretty excited about this project:icon_bigg.

________

Ass Xxx

I just want to throw in my 2 cents worth here:

a 3 inch exhaust will *always* be louder than a 2.5 inch exhaust, and unless you plan on upgrading the turbo, a 2.5 inch exhaust will be more than adequate for all the power you can get out of the VF40.

I personally want a 2.5 inch exhaust.....

I just want to throw in my 2 cents worth here:

a 3 inch exhaust will *always* be louder than a 2.5 inch exhaust, and unless you plan on upgrading the turbo, a 2.5 inch exhaust will be more than adequate for all the power you can get out of the VF40.

I personally want a 2.5 inch exhaust.....

+1 at a good price

Please be more specific.

We do not have an outback, is there a difference? Hope that is not a stupid question.

The outback exhaust needs to be a little bit longer. The prodrive made one muffler system for both the sedan and wagon which didn't fit right for some as the sedan was thought to look too long and the wagon was thought to look too short. Please note that these are some of the opinions of others on this board. There were others who liked the way the tips came out of both.

I have had custom tips done, dual staggered angled rolled tips on both sides. I used 2.5" which didn't fill the cutout all the way. I am assuming that 2.75" would fill it quite nicely. This is what I would like to see. Also, a cat delete for the shorty DP people, or midpipe option, optional resonator sizes or none at all. The list goes on... I can't wait to see the final product and how you handled the wishlist from this website.

Street legal in California. I don't drive my car offroad, and I don't like breaking the law, even if the law IS stupid. And I certainly don't want to give the police an easy excuse to pull me over so they can fulfill their revenue collection requierements. (not their fault they are ordered to issue a minimum number of tickets).

Tips????? Hmmm.

http://www.worxtuning.com/newsite/cbex.jpg

I really think rolled tips are a lot nicer than just straight cut, it matches this car lot better to, since it's a lil bit' more 'upscale' than a rex. I like the look of the factory tips (how they are radiused) at the end. Now if you could just take the Stromung style, with tips that fit the cutout nicer you'd have a winner on your hands.

From the sound end, personally, I'd like something like the bmw/nissan/infinti exhaust where it's loud enough to let u know it's there and hear the disctinictive boxer rumble, w/o being overly loud and obnoxious.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=394262#post394262

^ That's a model I worked on today, I will do a new redesign w/ teh dual round tips soon and post it here...

just my 2 cents..

full 3" manderal bend UP/DP/Catback

quite setup with one resonator and 2 quite straight thru mufflers

loud system with 2 one chamber mufflers

i can send you video clip of my exhaust

or you can check scan's website

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

If you can find me at least 15 people who would want it, I will see what we can do.

Hey, in this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22811&page=2

There were 42 people who voted on the poll. I would think there are at least 15 who would purchase it...not to mention all those who would after some hype has been generated.

I have created a new thread, trying to get some interest:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=394722#post394722

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Alright...redid the tips...think most people will find these very pleasing asthetically as its similar to the stromung w/ the addition to rounded tip ends. Thought about the squage dual tips w/ the rounded ends, don't think that matches the overall lines of the car...

Yummy!

I have been working away on the exhaust project.

Thank you for all of your input:) :) :) and we are taking into account all of your responses.

So far we are off to a good start. I promise all of you this will be THE SWEETEST exhaust system made for the Legacy......period.:icon_bigg

We will keep you updated.

Mike

________

IOLITE VAPORIZER FORUM

Archived