LegacyGT.com

What would you like to see in an exhaust system?

WorxTuning

Now that we have a Legacy in house for R&D, our first major project will be the exhaust system. As we are relatively new to the Legacy scene, we look to get some input from the members here.

What would like to see in a system, any or all, turbo or cat back, up-pipe, down pipe, etc.

What do you like?

What do you dislike?

We want to know what you think the ideal system will be. We will process all of your responses, and we will build it for you.

Let me know here or by e-mail to Mike@WorxTuning.com

Thanks and we look forward to hearing your responses.

Mike

________

Maria ozawa deepthroat

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-need full turbo back with a hi-flow cat or an option of a track pipe with O2 sensor extended bung

-like to see a true 3" pipe for the mid section and y-pipe.

-T-304 is fine.

-Down pipe should be a divorced pipe for the bling, not a fan of bellmouth types (flow disruption when waste gate opens and closes?)

-Piping for downpipe should match at least a 20G wheel (38mm?) and a 20 or 22mm waste gate pipe that runs along the side of the main downpipe.

-Option of a 1 or 2 muffler system.

-Possible of an early split of the y-pipe to have twin 2.5" piping from the downpipe or track pipe back.

Keefe

Thanks, that was quick!

The Downpipe will be based off of our developments with our WRX/STi DP (divorced). You should like that.

It will definately be full 3" stainless steel without the restriction of a neckdown for a donut gasket.

Great ideas. Keep them coming people:)

Mike

________

A COACH FOR CINDERELLA

Tips????? Hmmm.

Single round per muffler, dual tip, big or small diameter???

This is our new Impreza system- do you like this look. I think the muffler and tip style would look good on the Legacy but what do you think? The tip is angle cut.

http://www.worxtuning.com/newsite/cbex.jpg

________

SQUIRTING LESBIAN

I want a exhaust that looks classy. No rice cans. Nice 3 or 3.5" single tips, nothing that stands out, almost a OEM look, maybe just a little better. Also, not "loud", but somthing that accents the Boxers note well. Should really growl at WOT.

Do you like the look of a fully polished system or do you think that maybe an optional coating for a more stealth look would be a good idea also? I have been toying with that idea for a while.

________

WIKI VAPORIZER

Tips????? Hmmm.

Single round per muffler, dual tip, big or small diameter???

This is our new Impreza system- do you like this look. I think the muffler and tip style would look good on the Legacy but what do you think? The tip is angle cut.

http://www.worxtuning.com/newsite/cbex.jpg

That looks pretty good actually.

How about a 3" to the Y dual exhaust with the performance of a single? (Read in a previous thread that even with 2 - 2.5" pipes, they still don't match a single 3"er all the way.) And nice and quiet-like.

Affordability, good quality nothing that will rust out, and meets the db requirements

Affordability unfortunately is a very relative term. We will try as with all of our products to produce a superior product at a highly competitive price.

Our exhaust quality is top notch and backed by a lifetime warranty, Full stainless and won't rust.

And the db issue is a thing of the past with our new muffler design. Plus we have further silencing options.

________

Australian recipes

I definately like the idea of having coating optional for the cans. That tip size is just about perfect, but also an option for dual tip M5 style would be nice. Just make sure it's tucked nice and high and centered in the gap.

I prefer a rolled tip, round or oval. Single wall angle or straight cut make me think musclecar. Rolled tips say "classy sedan" better. I also like the look of the dual tips, but they need to be smaller to fit up in the cutout. Either way they need to fit the cutout well; my major complaint about the stock look is that they hang so low. Stealth over polished for the pipes/cans in my opinion too.

I tell you what I'd like....

a muffler delete option, just like the guy in this thread is doing:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22811

It's basically a straight pipe with flanges on it, that will bolt right up to the muffler flange. So if you wanted to be LOUD, you could. I mean, it shouldnt cost much to have a bent pipe with a flange. Leave tips up to the owners; they can weld or clamp on.

To make it even cheaper, it could be crush bent, as the flow is so slow and cool back there, mandrels arent needed.

The reason why I ask you to do this, is there is a ton of interest, and the guy who started it doesnt appear to be all too reliable, as he disappears for weeks at a time, with no updates...

I figure these shouldnt cost more than $100 apiece, or $200 for the whole car.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Guest *Jedimaster*
how about a pair of $100 bills for a nice tip ;)

What kind of tip are you looking for? single? dual? Grape-fruit? Titanium?

I'll give you a tip...

What I want is something that looks nice- I don't have a design in mind, but we're left out in the cold compared to the GT owners- it'd be nice to have something tasteful. I'd also like to have an integrated electric cutout offered as an option as it looks like I'll be putting one on the stocker if someone doesn't pick up the gauntlet.

Archived