LegacyGT.com

Christmas on my Dash - P0171,C0057

Yup, generally 3 will do it. Only issue is that "drive cycle" is a pretty specifically-defined in terms of duration, engine speed, etc., and those 3 cycles need to be consecutive. My Baja has a flaky rear O2 sensor (intermittent, so it's probably the sensor heater), but since most of my driving is done around town, the light tends to stay on more often than not because I rarely hit 3 "drive cycles" in a row.

Disconnect the battery for 20min it will reset the ecm and allow the ecm to store new parameters for the new sensor. The CEL will only return if there is a problem.

Dumb question disconnect the neg and pos legs or just one ? :redface:

Well, that was easy! Lol I bought some MAF sensor cleaner and PM’d that also!

The Air-Fuel sensor came out with no issues. You folks are correct the DENSO is original equipment “not that I doubted you”. The odd thing was (here goes my attention to detail).

The sensor holes for sampling on the original was like 3/8” on center and the new one was like 1/2” on center. It was just an odd observation I wanted to point out and now the Soob runs so smooth my brain thinks there is something else wrong! Lol…..

The replacement was again simple and the only thing I needed to remove was that plastic air-ram. The only tough part of the job was to unhook the electrical connecter on my Soob was blind.

I have carpal tunnel “all jokes aside” I needed to use a mirror to see what in the heck I was doing. I needed to depress the tab with a short flathead screwdriver to release the electrical female end.

I automatically unhooked the negative power lead from the battery to ensure the battery would be disconnected for at least 20 minutes.

So, all done could have been done in 30 minutes or less, but I did not have to be in a hurry.

Another side note that are wee little machine screws be careful not to lose the lil fellers.

I did not, but saw how bad it could go ..lol…

Thank you again folks for all the input and be well,

Sonder

PS I went to harbor freight and purchased for under 10 dollars that sensor socket to remove it with a 1/2" drive.

Edited by Sonder
Added Split Socket info