LegacyGT.com

Broken engine cover..

I noticed my engine cover 3.6R was flopping around, figure it must have been damaged during last repair (coil replacements). The plastic clip was still in the rubber mount, so i'm gonna try and jbweld it back in place... I was going to put it back on this morning and to my surprise I think I have a animal nest of sorts on top of the intake manifold... I assume that would be the only way 2 face masks and a shredded dog poop back would have got packed in that area ? I would suggest taking your engine cover off and checking for any squatters. :cool:

Don't JB weld that cover back in place It will cause problems later down the line if you need it off again. If you really need something adhesive wise just use something like Flextape(You know from the TV commercials) and it should hold. That way you can remove it at a later date(I would use a bit of care and do a good job and make it look good)

As DougKelly20 suggested just run without one. its nothing but decoration anyway. If you need to you can buy a used one off ebay and be better off.

Edited by MoleMan

I noticed my engine cover 3.6R was flopping around, figure it must have been damaged during last repair (coil replacements). The plastic clip was still in the rubber mount, so i'm gonna try and jbweld it back in place...

I think I posted some info on fixing that cover on this forum somewhere, but a quick search didn’t turn anything up. So have a read of my post #4 in the ‘Best FREE Gen 5 Mods’ subaruoutback.org forum topic, & then my post #16 in that same topic for a reliable repair solution to that broken post.

While you are doing the above, I suggest fixing the Subaru emblem badge properly to the engine cover before it falls off. See my post #71 in that same topic.

I like the engine cover; it looks good, helps keep the engine clean, & does make it a bit quieter.

@XT-sub,

I think it would be funny to attach a Toyota emblem instead of the Subaru Emblem sometimes.

Our cars after all are somewhat Toyota’s to a degree. My 3.6 actually reminds me of my 13 Camry XLE V6 as far as the door handles with the three lines for the touch entry and the seats are concerned.