LegacyGT.com

Febreze Mee's Wagon Build Thread (Heiress)

Febreze Mee

7 minutes ago, boxkita said:

a tactrix with a data chip will pull all the obd2 data . About 20 data at the max data rate is possible. Enough to get temps, speed, throttle position.

Engine works better st a given oil temp, i forgot the number but 175 seems low.

If you have a screen grab for how all of the info is put out, will you text it to me? I may entertain getting the cable and saving myself some time. I've thought about getting one for some time now anyway. 

I recognize, from the volume of reading I've done the last several months, that 175F° might not be the oil temp the engine operates most efficiently at (I also don't know what that number is), so I put the time in to make a block off plate, and will retain it until ambient temps warrant its removal. Thank you @Enlight for providing more info. 

• Like 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 2:50 AM, Febreze Mee said:

I got a little nervous when oil temps got up to 260°F and quickly began a cool-down. I had been experiencing temps between 230 – 250°F all month in the heat of summer, all around the country (WA, ID, UT, CO, NM, TX, LA, MS, AL, GA, TN, NC), on both conventional 5W-30 and Pennzoil's Ultra Platinum full synthetic.

How do you like Pennzoil Ultra Platinum? I have an IAG block and they recommend Motul 8100 X-cess 5w-40, but PUP has great reviews at less than half the price.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

4 hours ago, Enlight said:

How do you like Pennzoil Ultra Platinum? I have an IAG block and they recommend Motul 8100 X-cess 5w-40, but PUP has great reviews at less than half the price.

I'll have to get back to you with a better answer. From memory, it held its own through its properties against some of the other leading full synthetics, and was available off the shelf, albeit, I seem to only find them at Advanced Autos locally. It was between this or an Amsoil subscription, but the PUP checks the boxes for me.

For now, I have had about 5 samples of PUP taken by Blackstone Labs with roughly 1750mi on each sample. All samples were taken before the oil cooler was installed, and all samples have one AutoX per sample, and lots of spirited driving per sample. I'll post up the previous sample info after New Years.

Unfortunately, since I have the oil cooler installed now, I feel as though I need to baseline the data again. I'll have just over 2500mi on the next sample, having used an oil cooler over all of those miles. I will post that data when I receive it.

• Thanks 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Would love to compare UOA's, I'm posting mine up in my build thread as well. I'm currently still on Motul 10w40 Break-in Oil but will be switching to 8100 X-cess 5w-40 at the next change. I'm on an IAG Stage 2 Tuff block.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

3 hours ago, Enlight said:

Would love to compare UOA's, I'm posting mine up in my build thread as well. I'm currently still on Motul 10w40 Break-in Oil but will be switching to 8100 X-cess 5w-40 at the next change. I'm on an IAG Stage 2 Tuff block.

FWIW, I've done two UOA with Blackstone with 3700 miles and a smidge under 5K on each, one was pure Rotella 5W-40 and the other a mix of Rotella (leftover) and the free 5W-40 VW OEM oil I get from work. Both showed nothing really off and they said I could go longer.

With modern synthetic oil, I think the brand of oil doesn't matter much these days. I get free oil, so I ain't beating that, but you'd probably be fine with whatever the cheapest 5W-40 is for these cars in their age.

Edited by Pleides
  • Like 1