LegacyGT.com

DP wrap to keep from cooking my CV boot :(

• 2 weeks later...
Put the DEI heat shield on my Cobb DP today. Easy fitment and enough room from underneath to get it on without tearing anything apart. I like the 1/2" stand-off pretty much what I had in mind. If its all good and stays put I'll definitely put one on the track car as well this winter.

571126122_headshield.thumb.jpg.657b2f722ab20be44c025a2f01fc51bd.jpg

Put the DEI heat shield on my Cobb DP today. Easy fitment and enough room from underneath to get it on without tearing anything apart. I like the 1/2" stand-off pretty much what I had in mind. If its all good and stays put I'll definitely put one on the track car as well this winter.
Ya looks slick , very nice

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

IMG_9116.thumb.jpg.d9efbaa801dac13f73ffe9d9162aa59c.jpg

IMG_9118.thumb.jpg.4dd4874a4f36d9f4f501a4faccda7c5f.jpg

I just installed mine yesterday.

I got the 6" x 1'.

I have a lot less clearance as my HFC is right there at the axle.

I had to pick up a larger clamp to make it around the cat for the middle clamp.

Hopefully it's keeps from cooking my replacement axles, rather not do that again if I can help it.

Edited by Infosecdad

How far does it wrap around the pipe? With the 1/2” standoff could you get one between the pipe and the firewall?

I put my Perrin pipe in last weekend and am a little concerned about how close the pipe gets to the firewall, I can just get my finger between at the closest point.

How far does it wrap around the pipe? With the 1/2” standoff could you get one between the pipe and the firewall?

I put my Perrin pipe in last weekend and am a little concerned about how close the pipe gets to the firewall, I can just get my finger between at the closest point.

I’d say about 60% coverage around my DP what you see in the pic is about it. I’d figure the standoff plus 1/4” to allow for the thickness of the shield. Also it’s quite flexible so if you need to doink a spot to get around or past something it’s easy to form.