LegacyGT.com

Windshield replacement

Unfortunately got a crack on my windshield from a kicked up rock driving on the highway. It's about 11 inches long, so I definitely need a windshield replacement...the only thing that's concerning me is the heated windshield wipers. Do our cars use a special windshield or is it just a heating element below the windshield (any aftermarket windshield will work)

I called my insurance and they told me I'd have to pay the $500 deductible to go with them, so that's out of the question

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Wow, sorry to hear you didn't have glass coverage in your policy. I thought it was standard coverage.

Any glass shop or service will have the correct heated windshield. I think I'm on my 4th one.

After the install, make sure they didn't damage the paint around the frame. It will become a rust spot. I have learned to ask a Body Shop you they would use to replace the glass.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Two different types of windshields. Last I checked for the out of pocket price to have a heated windshield installed was about $340. When I had it replace last time about 4yrs ago it was $240. Double specify to them that it’s heated, I’ve had glass shops show up to replace with the wrong windshield more than once on different makes. I learned after the first time to check the part before they cut out the old glass

I had Safelite do my windshield for $100 out of my own pocket after State Farm covered the rest. Go to the company that will do your windshield for you and see what they can get your out of pocket down to. Safelite isn't known for being cheap and I paid almost nothing all said and done. The Fuyao windshield they put on my car has totally functional heated wipers and is indistinguishable in terms of noise isolation or glass quality compared to OEM.