LegacyGT.com

I Want My Car Back!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I called SOA last night, but the offices were closed. I am waiting for the dealer to call me back today and let me know what is going on. Unfortunately, I cannot leave the NOC (network ops center) for that long today. I am the only Nokia tech in the room at the moment. (a bunch of people are in training today and we are short as it is) Today has been really shitty so far. I do plan on calling them, but I figured I would wait to see what the dealer offers me.

Edit: Also, the call may require me yelling and using some cuss words...not really the best thing to do while at work...ya know?

The lemon laws aren't the same in all states but from what I read about New York it looks like they only have 30 days before the car is a lemon. Now it isn't as if they just hand you a new car and say "thank you, have a nice day" it is a court proceeding but in most states they are expedited and brief. It also means that they either must refund your full purchase price or present you with a new car that is the same or better than what you had.
dougc needs to familiarize himself with the information at http://www.oag.state.ny.us/consumer/cars/newcarlemon.html before he start's using the words "lemon law" with SOA or his dealer.

Even if the car is out of service for more than 30 days while a defect is being repaired, the car is not necessarily a lemon. NY's AG says: "The manufacturer does not have a duty to make a refund or provide a replacement car if: (a) the problem does not substantially impair the value of the car to you ..." Whether or not a flakey cruise control (turns itself off sometimes) is deemed to substantially reduce the value of the car might be a close call.

If the car is found to qualify as a lemon, then dougc has a couple of choices: to require SOA to provide a replacement vehicle, or to require SOA to buy back his lemon.

If dougc were to opt for a replacement vehicle, SOA could satisfy its NY lemon law obligation by providing him with a used 2005 Legacy 2.5i withmileage on the odometer comparable to his lemon. If dougc opts for the buyback, then SOA is allowed to deduct 0.1% for every 100 miles above 12,000 on his odometer and he won't be compensated for loss of use or car loan interest. He also must apply to NY directly to get a sales tax refund.

BTW, symbolicsport's signature above should be banned for screwing up the formatting in any thread in which he posts.

SUCKS...

Most Stealerships work like this….

Thursday: Drop car off for service.

Friday: Call to see if car is ready. Dealer does not have part needed will overnight should be ready Monday.

Monday: Call to see if car is ready. Service guy lies to you and says Fedex lost your part.

They will call you when it comes in.

Friday: Your part came in, they can install on Monday.

Monday: Call to see if car is ready. ECU needs to be sent to CA for reflashing will overnight should be back by Thursday will call you.

Friday: Your ECU came in, they can install on Monday.

Monday: Call to see if car is ready………:mad:

With the exception of the word "Sucks", you posted this exact same message in another thread. Do you have something to prove or some axe to grind?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=380480&postcount=13

SoA has the authority to revoke that car lots right to sell subaru's. Subaru doesn't want a bad name out there for themselves so they will kick this dealer in the butt to make sure they make a happy customer. It may not neccessarily get your car back faster but SoA needs to know when there is a problem with one of its dealers. SoA has a say in some of the extra "perks" you may get. Its just good to get these kind of things documented.

My car has spent about 7 weeks total at the dealership in the first 7 months. Driving their loaner (Forester) is no fun, way too slow, compared to my XT. FYI: In TX the 30 day lemon rule only applies if you are not provided a loaner by the dealer.

/t

']BTW' date=' does anyone else think it's weird to send a Subaru ECU from NY to CA for a reflash? In the Impreza world, most ECUs are sent to NJ (home of SOA) for any necessary reflash.[/quote']

*Shrugs*

That's where everyone in the stuttering thread had their sent. Hell, I could have carried the thing from Poughkeepsie to New Jersey by now.

But then again, maybe the details have just been confused....

But then again, maybe the details have just been confused....

..or I was lied to. He told me it was being sent from California...the re-programming dept was supposed to send it almost two weeks ago...but they screwed up and didn't ship it til last monday...and now it's lost or something.

I just got off the phone w/ Chris from SOA....I just filed my complaint. He is looking into right now. He said he is calling the dealership as soon as he gets off w/ me. He should be calling be back by noon.

Dude not sure about NY but after they tried to fix my car several times (cruise control also) they had met the requirements of the lemon law in my state by not having been able to fix a problem that seriously impaired the value of the car within a reasonable amount of attempts (most states that would be 3 attempts). Anyway after making contact with SOA they offered up a new car rather quickly.

Good Luck

Do you have something to prove or some axe to grind?

Burned one too many times. One of the worst job in the world must be the service guy who has to explain why your car won't be ready on the day promised.

Chris from SOA called me back about 10 mins ago...wanted to let me know he didn't forget. He is waiting to hear from one of his senior reps regarding what they are going to do for me. He said he sw the dealer and they are trying their best to get a new ECU there ASAP. So the waiting continues...........

OK guys here it is. Jim the service mgr just called me and my car is done....it is being detailed right now. He said because of the inconvenience, and the issue I had about the car pymt for this month. He is giving me $500 in service credit for anything my car needs. I get to use it all at once or over the next couple of years. I must say I was not expecting that and was very thankful for it. I guess it's true what they say... It's not how bad you fuck up...it's how well you recover. They are going to call me when the detail shop is done w/ it and I'm goin to pick her up... YIPPY! Were supposed to get alot of snow tonight:icon_bigg

OK guys here it is. Jim the service mgr just called me and my car is done....it is being detailed right now. He said because of the inconvenience, and the issue I had about the car pymt for this month. He is giving me $500 in service credit for anything my car needs. I get to use it all at once or over the next couple of years. I must say I was not expecting that and was very thankful for it. I guess it's true what they say... It's not how bad you fuck up...it's how well you recover. They are going to call me when the detail shop is done w/ it and I'm goin to pick her up... YIPPY! Were supposed to get alot of snow tonight:icon_bigg

Outstanding! It was only fair...

:cool:

Well...it just got better. Chris from SOA called me back and they are crediting the next month's payment. I told him about the dealer giving me the service credit (wanted to be honest). So I just fax over the next months payment..make the payment and they send me a check back. Way to go Subaru....they will have a loyal customer with me for sure! I had fun in the snow today :icon_bigg

Archived