LegacyGT.com

Sold my 2020 last weekend. Great time to do it!

Finally got rid of my 2020 last weekend. I was skeptical but Carmax gave me an online quote too good to be true. I brought it in and after a 10min walk around, they honored it and paid me within $50 of what I originally bought it for new (including all fees) in 2019. 18k miles/2 years driving for $50, not bad. So if nothing else, I can't deny that these things definitely hold their value! The car shortage currently doesn't hurt either.

I tried the online quote through CarMax for my 21 and it said I have to bring it in. Carvana wanted me to make an account so they could get back to me. Vroom is the only one that said I would get an online quote but it would be by email next day, haven't heard back yet.

I am really just curious, if I could get what I payed for the car I may consider getting a pickup. This car is really nice, but I miss my pickup I sold due to the insane truck values and my wife said I would regret it and as usual she is right.

I tried all 3 for the 2020 and they all gave me quotes. Carmax was the highest. The quotes I got from high to low were Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, Dealer.

Based on what they paid for my car, I don't think I would ever buy anything from them! :lol:

Maybe the 2021 is so new they want you to go in, not sure. I really expected them to find every tiny defect and start lowering the quote once I was there. It took about 1.5hrs total but the inspection guy only took about 10min and didn't even get in the car or drive it! Just let it idle while he took pics and walked around, opened/closed everything.

MA which I think they would consider the same area as you since I notice they ship for free within all North East. I figured it was because of the chip/car shortage.

If you look at the sell prices for the cars on their site, they are basically selling used cars at full new sticker from what I can tell. Plus they don't negotiate.

I know all about CarMax, when I sold my pickup my original plan was to buy a beater truck, but everyone wanted$10k for rusted out heaps with 200k miles. I then decided to just get a cheap reliable car, after spending a couple of weekends looking at CL and Marketplace cars I got frustrated and just bought an 13 Accord from CarMax. Paid way too much for it, ended up taking a loan on it which I was trying to avoid.

Drove it for 3 weeks and decided if I was going to have a payment, I should be paying on a new car that I actually like. Took the Accord back and got all my money back, even got refunded for the battery I had to replace the 1st week I had it. Bought the Legacy for $5k off sticker with 0% interest for 5 years.

I was wondering about that.. Although I think their prices are too high, the 30 day trial thing sounded very tempting to try a few cars out and who knows maybe I would fall in love with one and keep it.. I figured there was a catch there too and I would lose some sort of fee or something. I guess I would lose the tax/title fees which is a lot of money here in Taxachusetts..In NH it would be great. No sales tax and $25 titles... They do have 24hr test drives too though

Yeah, I thought for sure I would have to pay the title fee and possibly the temporary tag fee but they refunded 100% of my money. I did not actually transfer the title to my name. I just took all the paperwork they sent me in the mail back with me when I turned in the car. I had put down $6k in cash and it took about a week to get the check in mail, whole process was very easy.

I think you have to return the car within 30 days and 1500 mile limit.

Just because it offends you I guess.

It takes a lot more than the likes of an internet troll to offend me.

I just find it really odd that a person's first post in a dedicated forum is to brag about selling the very item that the forum is based on.

To each their own, I suppose. Carry on.

I've had a 2009 LGT, a 16 Premium, and now a 21 Sport. A part of me is really turning towards wanting something quick again. The LGT was the Perfect car across the board for me. I haven't driven an XT, but I am heavily considering a WRX. I wonder if they gave the new one better ride quality. Or for a 3 time legacy owner do you think an XT would fit the bill as far as what im looking for?

It takes a lot more than the likes of an internet troll to offend me.

I just find it really odd that a person's first post in a dedicated forum is to brag about selling the very item that the forum is based on.

To each their own, I suppose. Carry on.

I had actually posted many times in the past trying to get help and see if others were experiencing any of the same issues I was having with the car and things I disliked about it. Rather than be helpful, you and many of the fanboys instead basically told me I was crazy and that these issues are not real or worth complaining about. Didn't you test drive it? Just sell it then! One guy actually said he felt sorry for me, that I live such a miserable life and suggested therapy.

So in frustration, I deleted all of those old posts as they were of no help to anyone.

I figured you remembered me by the "again" part of your post.

I made this post in the event there were others on here in the same boat. I wanted to let them know that they can get out of a poor decision without taking a beating.

Edited by stang8

I've had a 2009 LGT, a 16 Premium, and now a 21 Sport. A part of me is really turning towards wanting something quick again. The LGT was the Perfect car across the board for me. I haven't driven an XT, but I am heavily considering a WRX. I wonder if they gave the new one better ride quality. Or for a 3 time legacy owner do you think an XT would fit the bill as far as what im looking for?
The XT will basically feel the same but with quite a bit more get up and go. If there was a sport model with the 2.4 it would be perfect.

I would just go for a test drive and see if it's worth it. If the new WRX had the dynamic chassis control in all trims or at least in a manual trim level it would be quite appealing.

Maybe they'll change their minds by the time you can actually buy one

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I had actually posted many times in the past trying to get help and see if others were experiencing any of the same issues I was having with the car and things I disliked about it. Rather than be helpful, you and many of the fanboys instead basically told me I was crazy and that these issues are not real or worth complaining about. Didn't you test drive it? Just sell it then! One guy actually said he felt sorry for me, that I live such a miserable life and suggested therapy.

So in frustration, I deleted all of those old posts as they were of no help to anyone.

I figured you remembered me by the "again" part of your post.

I made this post in the event there were others on here in the same boat. I wanted to let them know that they can get out of a poor decision without taking a beating.

I would be tempted if Canada had those ridiculous high used car prices as well but I seems like my limited GT already lost around $9k in a year. Probably even more as a trade in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Carvana offered me $32,000, Vroom finally got back to me and offered $32,500. Carvana was the only one that asked how much I owed, which is about $31,600 so I could walk away with a little less than a grand on a 21 XT Touring with 4k miles.

It's tempting but the challenge would be finding a suitable replacement, and I believe the days of 0% financing is over.

It's tempting but the challenge would be finding a suitable replacement, and I believe the days of 0% financing is over.

That's where I'm at too. Finding a suitable replacement is difficult because even with its annoyances nothing else checks the boxes that the Touring XT does.

I went thru this process this year....First with a 2016 Legacy Premium...Original owner and always dealer serviced..Had 95k miles on it.Sold it to Carvana for 12,100 back in March..Carmax offered 9k and Kirby Subaru of Ventura offered 7,500...Bought a 21 WRX Premium CVT thru Costco Auto program..After three months just couldn't handle the bumpy ride.....Sold it to CarMax for 30k in July.Even the Subaru dealer told me to sell it to Carmax for more money.....Now have a 22 Legacy Sport...Miss the power but love the smooth ride ......When I sold the 2016 Legacy back in March to Carvana they wanted three things: driver license, clear title and a picture of the mileage...Since I still owed on the 21 WRX I didn't even bother checking with them....I did consider a 21 Mustang GT but Ford raised the price almost 4k from March to July the way I wanted it equipped so I picked the Legacy again....Figured I lost 2k in the trade in of the WRX after getting the refund on the extended warranty I bought with it...

I had actually posted many times in the past trying to get help and see if others were experiencing any of the same issues I was having with the car and things I disliked about it ... I deleted all of those old posts as they were of no help to anyone.

Yep. Approximately 30 posts, virtually all of them whining about your Legacy. What kind of responses did you expect? The Legacy was obviously not a good choice for you; I hope you will be happier with your next car ... although I rather doubt it.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Yep. Approximately 30 posts, virtually all of them whining about your Legacy. What kind of responses did you expect? The Legacy was obviously not a good choice for you; I hope you will be happier with your next car ... although I rather doubt it.

Thank You, I am sure I will. I have been happy with the other dozen or so cars I have owned. I guess I didn't understand how this forum works and that it was only for Legacy fanboys. Any complaint is considered "Whining" as you say.. Other forums I have participated in, people talk about issues/complaints they have and others recognize them as legit and offer solutions/ideas beyond "sell it" or "stop whining". I notice that is the way it goes on this forum though for even a single issue/complaint there is always a snappy obnoxious answer that basically is "get over it" or "you're crazy". It's a shame you all have your heads so far up Subaru's a$$ that you can't recognize there are issues.