LegacyGT.com

Permanently disabling pre collision braking

Is there a way to permanently disable the pre-collision braking? I know I can shut it off by going into the car settings, but I have to do that every time I drive. Is there a module or something I can pull? I already have the lane warning stuff shut off and that seems to stay off. This is for our 2021 Legacy Limited

Is there a way to permanently disable the pre-collision braking? I know I can shut it off by going into the car settings, but I have to do that every time I drive.

Also very interested in a permanent hardware/software fix for this. Don't expect much from this forum. It's crawling with Subaru astroturfers who never seem to have any problems with THEIR cars, because the live in The Great Lonely Waste where nothing like actual road conditions ever upset the delicate sensibilities of this hysterical sensor suite.

It’s not about traffic. We live in a rural area and the roads are very windy. The pre-collision braking is constantly coming on when you go around turns. We are talking about sharp turn country roads. The other day I went into the settings and turned it off before I went to work, and the brakes were still grinding every time I went around a sharp turn. I can’t imagine that’s good for the car or the brakes

Don't think there is a way without creating a massive Xmas tree on your dash. The ABS fuse/ relay would come to mind.

I wish there was a way to turn more of those things completely off, traction control would be one of them to allow more fun in winter. But even with it "off" it's still on.

My next car will be a step back in time to around 2016 where less nanny's exist.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk