LegacyGT.com

Should I replace more?

I recently built koni/h&r struts for my wife's 2011 2.5i. I had a shop install them along with a set of whiteline rca.

I also had the shop replace the front bearings. I brought the car in for a alignment and was turned away due to the inner and outer tie rod is shot so it can't be adjusted.

I am having the tie rod replaced.

Is there anything else I should consider replacing?

The car just hit 100k and all suspension components look ruff.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm not sure where you live, but I recently had to get my whole front subframe replaced because of it failing on the drivers side where the lower control arms attached. Since I was having all of that work done, I had all of the bushings replaced along with left/right lower control arms. I had just replaced the front and rear coils, dampers, and strut mounts replaced, so it drives really really well :) That being said, I am out quite a bit of $$$, but I do appreciate the car!

I recently built koni/h&r struts for my wife's 2011 2.5i. I had a shop install them along with a set of whiteline rca.

I also had the shop replace the front bearings. I brought the car in for a alignment and was turned away due to the inner and outer tie rod is shot so it can't be adjusted.

I am having the tie rod replaced.

Is there anything else I should consider replacing?

The car just hit 100k and all suspension components look ruff.

yep would definitely do the lower control arms while you're in there, easy enough to do and cheap. anything outside of that, just check if anything's particularly worn looking and replace as necessary.

Thanks for your input. Local shops around me say they can't handle the inner tie rods so I have to bring it into the dealership. Every single shop was crying about a special Subaru tool needed for the inner tie rods.

I have already replaced the strut mounts with the upgraded ones from sti and the rears from a forester I believe. I had the whiteline rear lca installed and one shop said it was installed wrong so I jacked the rear to check it out. I found it installed properly so I guess these alignment shops are not familiar with adjustable aftermarket suspension parts I guess.

Anyway I am going to get a price for a front and rear refresh. Hopefully it won't cost thousands.

My wife and I really enjoy this car and she says she will never let it go so I am going to be spending some money to keep her going.

So the dealership has had the car for one week. They installed everything and did the alignment. I went to pick it up and pulled out onto the main road . Immediately the car began pulling hard to the right.

I brought it back to the dealership and the service rep said they would fix the problem.

The service rep called me several hours later and stated they found the problem. It was a damaged passenger front strut mount. I couldn't believe it because it was brand new, I ordered the sti group-N B0310FE000 front mounts when I built the koni/H&R setup.

He sent me a picture just to show me the damage and I couldn't believe the bearing separated so fast.

They are going to replace it with a oem one that they had in stock for the legacy. This whole strut building suspension replacing plus getting the wheel alignment done has been an absolute nightmare.

fcc7631c119432816f92bac267e4422f.jpg

Where did you buy the Group N strut mount from? I wonder if it was Chinese knock off.
I bought the rear strut mounts "forester " directly from Subaru and I checked where I bought the fronts and I actually bought them from Amazon. They look the same but obviously not.

Car drives amazing now finally.