LegacyGT.com

realtime help reinstalling stock struts

cjk911

Did a search and found nothing.

I am taking off my coilovers and reinstalling the stockers, but am having a hell of a time with the fronts. I need to compress the strut about 2 innches to line it up with the bolt holes, but can't figure a good way. I don't think a spring compressor will work as the damper seems to be holding it up, not the springs.

I don't remembr having this much touble taking them off, and the manual talks about it in one paragraph like it's no big deal. Am I missing something?

disconnect the endlinks from the front swaybar....it makes reinstallation a bitch. THis allows the whole hub/brake assembly to settle at full droop - basically another few inches, giving you the room to work.

I am not certain what you are describing.

Do you mean you can't fit the whole assembly back into the car?

Are you certain that the rod is set in the top hat properly?

I think he's talkin about the hub/rotor and everthing needs to be pushed down or lowered to line the two bolts up and the bottom.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I think he's talkin about the hub/rotor and everthing needs to be pushed down or lowered to line the two bolts up and the bottom.

exactly - the swaybar puts tension on the hub keeping it too high to allow you to get the spring/strut assembly in place. I have had the same issue on more than one occasion. Unbolting the endlink is the solution.

exactly - the swaybar puts tension on the hub keeping it too high to allow you to get the spring/strut assembly in place. I have had the same issue on more than one occasion. Unbolting the endlink is the solution.

I always just pushed it down with one hand and slipped a bolt in with the other. :D

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Done.

For some reason it took me two hours and a jack stand to do one side and 20 minutes to do the other. I had started it last night and when I went back out this morning, it just kind of fell into place.

Thanks for the help, guys.

I'm about to put them up. i wanted to wait until I got them off the car and cleaned up. I'll take some pics soon and post 'em.

I like the Perrin exhaust alot, but am also considering the Borla.

AP is on the way from SoCal right now.

Archived