LegacyGT.com

6 speed DCCD

I heard from this website that if I wanted to get more from the rear wheels, I should invest in a 6 speed DCCD. Is there there anything else I should l

look at or is there anything I should consider?

Well OP has gathered a team of...experts? We are here to help! Whatever you need from your rear wheels is now within your intellectual grasp! So go on and tell us what you need!

Traction? Better tires!

Power? How about some NOS!

Affection? Rub them with tire shine and whisper sweet nothings!

Cheese Whiz? C’mon, there are limits to what we can do!

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I heard from this website that if I wanted to get more from the rear wheels, I should invest in a 6 speed DCCD. Is there there anything else I should l

look at or is there anything I should consider?

There are a number of reasons why folks swap to the 6 speed transmission, power capacity, the electronically adjustable center diff etc., but be forewarned this is a costly endeavor running around $3500+. It is a bolt in swap, but it takes more than just the transmission. You will need the shifter assy, a DCCD controller, hybrid rear axels, new pull type clutch, slave cylinder , matching differential, drive shaft the stock one is too long for a MT Legacy.

If all you want is some better traction always start with better tires. If you want to reduce wheel spin, you can get an LSD for the stock R160. If you are putting down 400+ ft-lbs of torque and your 5 speed is about to pop any day then you should consider a 6 speed.

Lastly you have $$$ in your pocket and you don't know what to do with it... Then sure have at it. There is a lot of information here on the subject, but you need to be way more specific on your goals, and why you think this is a good idea before people can help.

I will be swapping to a 6speed, but I am going full ham on my car knowing that it is not a good financial investment if resale matters.