LegacyGT.com

Headliner removal help

Still in the process in changing over to some jdm black interior pieces and wrapping my headliner. Now does anyone have any tricks removing the oem headliner? This is on a sedan so out the hatch doesn’t work for me sadly.

I saw a write up on here about pushing it towards the rear window putting it on the back area and twisting it out and bending slightly where needed. Either that was bad explanation or it just didn’t worn out the way it thought.

I was using my headliner as a test subject. It was trashed and I found a nice one by me. So I figured I’d try removing mine to get the best approach or removing and installing the other one. This didn’t work I pretty much destroyed mine to get it out. So I’m still left in the dark on how to go about removing the other one.

If anyone every needs to remove the headliner. The easiest way surprisingly is out the trunk. It’s a little tight and you’ll here some crunching but no damage happened. You have to take out the trunk side cloth pieces and the rear seat side cushions and you’ll have just enough room to side it in and out.

I finished wrapping the headliner while I like the whole black interior I gotta say black headliner fabric is not really forgiving. If the base is not perfectly flat it’ll show. I didn’t do a bad job but it’s clearly not perfect either. Oh well maybe next time Lol

FWIW, If you need a clips...https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/126-Piece-Subaru-Fender-Rocker-Moulding-Retainer-p/pas8190.htm

I just posted a link to that site in JmP's sticky about various parts https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238p9.html

see post #326

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here