LegacyGT.com

5th Gen 10.4" Android Radio Group Buy

A few months ago i bought one of the 10" android units for our cars, The one in the link.

Cheap eBay unit

I found it to be rather slow and after checking it with CPU-Z I found that it only had 1gb of ram which was probably the bottle neck. I was able to have this confirmed with one other person who bought this unit as well. Its so bad that they even have a fake specs page that lists the memory at 2gb but with access to the market its not hard to check with CPU-Z. The ram was a factor but also the software was not great, poorly laid out, and the screen was terrible. I watched a few videos on the YouTube app and it looked like it was 8bit colors.

I have an Atoto in my forester, and an Eonon in my Silverado so i know how nice a good unit can be but this wasnt it. So i started searching and came across a manufacturer that was able to make a custom unit that would have a little more grunt. We settled on a unit with a 10.4" HD screen, PX6 Rockchip, 4GB ram, 32GB rom, better tuner, and better amp. This unit also had both FM, and AM radio, Canbus integration, Built in Android auto and apple carplay, and an optional dash cam. Once i got the new unit i installed it and shared my experiences with the fifth gen legacy group on facebook. There seemed to be a fair amount of interest in the unit so i started a group buy to help people interested in something like this avoid navigating through all of the units out there that arent quite up to snuff.

I have a few youtube videos linked at the bottom with comparisons of the 2 that i had and the install experience with the new one. I also have a link to the group buy being facilitated through my website. Depending on interest ill probably let this go for another week before i put the order in. These can be shipped worldwide and they have an option for the RHD members. They can work with the HK audio nav units with a little extra work, mine was HK with nav and there are a few in the group buy that are also.

Group buy link

Edited by stevenc1703

Wow the new unit looks pretty impressive! I bought a very similar Tesla screen unit from Seicane back in 2019. Oh it was horrible. It must have been a rebadged eBay variant. But watching the video of your new unit, it looks like the new unit is much much better.

The most annoying thing with the Seicane was random crashes, lag, and an annoying beep everything I used my steering wheel controls. One time when I was driving on the highway, everything froze, even the audio. I was not able to turn the volume down at all. I had to pull over and physically unplug the unit to reset it as turning the key on/off didn't reset it completely. I wanted to return it but Seicane would not allow me to so I am stuck with in a box.

Edited by ssulb

• 2 years later...

Has anyone bought one of these - looks pretty interesting.  I have been thinking about getting something that does android auto - the S10-B model is under $200 - don't know if the 4GB+32GB is laggy or what... 

On 6/12/2023 at 11:06 PM, DrD123 said:

Has anyone bought one of these - looks pretty interesting.  I have been thinking about getting something that does android auto - the S10-B model is under $200 - don't know if the 4GB+32GB is laggy or what... 

I don't have any info for you...but if you're going to replace the radio you might as well do it once and be happy. I bet 4gb is enough but I want that 8gb insurance

31 minutes ago, Falcor said:

Good point. Might as well future proof it. 

does anyone know if this works in cars with factory Nav? I know other tablet style head units had an issue with the amp.

Yeah I have the same car, they say to include a note to them on the purchase and let them know witch OEM headunit option you have. They have pictures listed A-B-C, ours is option C. They'll supply the cables you need to hook it up properly.