LegacyGT.com

Which do you prefer? Rota Tarmac II

Jerboa113

Which do you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Gunmetal
    • Silver
    • something else (please post recommendation)
    • Stocks Fine!

I did some poking around on the forum trying to find a part # for the factory spec B rims when I found out about the whole 7 vs 7.5" deal and the avalibility of tires for the stock size. Since wider is better anyway (as long as its not TOO wide for the car) and the Tarmac II is probablly WAAAAYYY cheaper than the stock spec Bs... and look just as good or better heh, I'm considering them as a future purchase.

But I can't decide which I'd rather have, so I ps'd some quick concept pics and figured I'd put up this poll.

I borrowed this pic from the official white thread from diaperking's post, I hope you dont mind, if you do let me know and I'll take them down.

as a clarification before we continue however, the 7.5 and all is fine? and the STI and such have the same backspacing? I found these rims here:

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=355&Product_Code=ROTTARII18GM

so if these fit our cars, we can continue..

Which do you like better? Gunmetal 18x7.5 Rota Tarmac IIs or Silver Rota Tarmac IIs?

gunmetal.jpg.1923773ebdc7b5b10987fb1c1b1bd3a5.jpg

silver.jpg.bc28bb0f1acf499789462e619749647a.jpg

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I'm thinking that if the windows on the SWP were tinted.... then the GunMetal would look really good!

Dayum I love that color!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Id go with the gunmetal. I have the tarmac IIs in full royal gunmetal metallic (I think thats what its called) on my white LGT, and I honestly think they are perfect. For some reason, they really dont take pictures very well, but in person, they are vury purty.

Tarmac IIs in Hyperblack on silver LGT:

As noted, pics do not do these justice, the look really nice in person. On white, I would be tempted to do Titanium Chrome... check out subydude.com

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11087&d=1130012736

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11089&d=1130012736

Subydude site:

http://subydude.com/osc/product_info.php/cPath/21_158/products_id/259?osCsid=e6b5a50041b027181296c78241d66350

New Rota wheel similar to spec B (but 17.5)

http://subydude.com/osc/product_info.php/cPath/21_158/products_id/328?osCsid=e6b5a50041b027181296c78241d66350

thanks guys! keep em comin!

the titaniums look good, but I dunno if they help a "Sporty" image.. I have the spoiler on my car I just dont have a side pic of it and its shamefully dirty right now so I can't take a pic w/o being embarassed lol

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I always go back to Tarmac II's in silver for #1 candidate for my white wagon.

There is lots of debate on this forum that white cars 'must have' a darker rim like gunmetal, hyperblack, or at the bare minimum 'steel grey' in order to look good, and that regular silver is boring, etc.

I totally disagree. The white Spec B wagon in Japan with it's 'bright silver' looks fantastic, and that is what I'd like to emulate.

15222445_SpecBfactoryJDM.jpg.01300271a5bc45e6f181353a7801ee06.jpg

I have a white pearl LGT with Tarmac II's . I have the "full royal gunmetalic"

Thats the gunmetal color with a polished lip and polished spoke edges. I love the look on my white car. BTW note that this "full royal" option is avaiable for most colors. I found the straight Gunmetalic too dark for my taste.

I think I'm starting to agree that the gunmetal will look too dark on the car, I would like window tint but I'm worried about that little white line left by the matrix pattern, so I probablly wont ever tint the car.

I love the look of these cars, so sporty, but I feel like it needs to look more sporty to reflect just how excellent it drives, but I'm 24 and dont want to look like a highschooler trying to make my "import" fast with air filters and TYPE R stickers (not flaming just stereotyping dont mind me :p) I just want to enjoy the walk to my car in the parking lot every day hehe

that and the fact I'm not happy with the bridgestone "protenda" tires and how they lose air from just.. normal driving conditions so often, and I figure if I'm gonna change tires in the future I wanna change to 18s too.

I dont have a problem with silver or even chrome, infact I love the stocker rims in that they're painted a high gloss silver instead of a natural aluminum thats going to fade rather qucikly w/o intensive care, I'd like to keep the high gloss look w/o being.. bling.. if you know what I mean, and if I can get lighter rims than the stockers.. thats wonderful too.

keep em comin! I'd love to see more pics too btw :icon_bigg

the vortex do look bling-y to me. of the other choices i'd say gunmetal and tint the windows. the silver finish looked a little bright but maybe it's the angle. that wagon pic above looks ok w/ the silver.

I think I'm starting to agree that the gunmetal will look too dark on the car, I would like window tint but I'm worried about that little white line left by the matrix pattern, so I probablly wont ever tint the car.

I love the look of these cars, so sporty, but I feel like it needs to look more sporty to reflect just how excellent it drives, but I'm 24 and dont want to look like a highschooler trying to make my "import" fast with air filters and TYPE R stickers (not flaming just stereotyping dont mind me :p) I just want to enjoy the walk to my car in the parking lot every day hehe

that and the fact I'm not happy with the bridgestone "protenda" tires and how they lose air from just.. normal driving conditions so often, and I figure if I'm gonna change tires in the future I wanna change to 18s too.

I dont have a problem with silver or even chrome, infact I love the stocker rims in that they're painted a high gloss silver instead of a natural aluminum thats going to fade rather qucikly w/o intensive care, I'd like to keep the high gloss look w/o being.. bling.. if you know what I mean, and if I can get lighter rims than the stockers.. thats wonderful too.

keep em comin! I'd love to see more pics too btw :icon_bigg

I reccomend the Full Royal Gunmetalic for the reasons you state above.

Not too dark-not too blingy-not too high school- a classy look that set of the nice lines of my car. Great look on a white car. Upscale classy.

BTW I have tint (35%) and this is my first tinted car and found no downside to it. IMO 35% tint and the above wheels set this car off.:)

oh wow, those last 2 look great! those are 18x7.5? what tires? a friend of mine just went with the toyo proxes 4 I think on the stock 17s, I am yet to see the finished results but I have high hopes for it.

coo, the complaints I'm getting from my friends about these rims (as I'm involving them too in things :p) is that the spokes seem too small to them, I wish I could see some in person, perhaps I should find a local rim shop that would carry em? or are they like specially imported or something?

what I really like are the rims on the M45 and the M3, somethin that style would look good I thnk, but I dont wanna be copying other manufactures..

argh, so many great things to do for these cars, so little green paper to trade for it lol

And thanks for the jaydm.com link, ebpda9 - those are pretty low prices. Anybody order from them before?

they tend to be pretty good with the dealer accounts. i might start doing business with them again when spring comes

These shots may help you get an idea of what they look like close up and from some different angles.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/bkuriloff/benbehzad036.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/bkuriloff/benbehzad008.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/bkuriloff/benbehzad006.jpg

Archived