LegacyGT.com

Rear Suspension Control Arm (help needed)

So, I'm deciding to replace the rear suspension control arms. The lowers. It looks like there's one bushing on it, closer to the driveshaft side of things. Anyways, it looks easy, but what am I in for?

I've already ordered the Mevotech complete arms,(because cheaper) from RA. Because I don't want to mess around with pressing out any bushings.

But when ordering the bolts and nuts from the dealership, I see another washer, and an alignment camber adjusting eccentric? Do I need to replace these? And is my alignment going to be messed up from even attempting it?

Basically, I just want to be able to finish the job correctly without having to do an alignment.

Oh, and I have an AVO rear lower chassis underbody brace kit I'd like to install, hence the reason for the new control arms. The AVO brace looks like it connects to the arm, so I thought it should mostly be fresh. It's a little worn and sloppy in play.

But I see the instructions for the kit mentions marking the camber bolts before removing. Should I just keep all the old nuts and bolts? Sorry for all the questions...

Thanks in advance!

replacement of rear suspension pieces requires alignment unless you can do a like for like replacement without tweaking any bolts. A lifetime alignment from Firestone is $140 or so.

keeping the existing cambar bolts helps you line up the camber settings. Replacement ensures you will need an alignment.

Bolts on the rear suspension tend to be a pain to pull off, especially in a rust belt state. Look up covertrussian's threads for step by step if what to expect and how to succeed with minimal breakage.