LegacyGT.com

Power Steering leak down unda!

Not exactly sure how to word this, but I have a leak coming from one of the tubes coming out of the rack and pinion. I have had issues trying to figure out exactly what part I need, going as far as the dealership sending me the complete wrong part on their recommendation. I'm not even sure if these lines are sold separate of the entire assembly but I couldn't imagine why not. Below is an image of what I need.

https://ibb.co/xzbjZFM

• 2 weeks later...

the tubes are sold individually.

opposedforces.com is a great website that provides subaru sepcific diagrams for parts/components on our cars with matching parts numbers.

specific to our second gen Legacies is the following url: http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b11/type_4/

if you navigate down to steering and then to power steering gear box diagram, you will see the diagram for the steering rack. part# 35 is the one that you referenced in your picture. scroll down and you will see part number for it. copy/paste part number and the word "subaru" in a new search tab/window and you can see if it is still available and cost.

Where is the leak coming from: the connection along the rack tube or at the connection near the input shaft. Most likely this will entail removing the rack to repair as the flare nut near the input shaft is very hard to get while onthe car and you risk rounding the flare nut......ask me how I know......

cheers

rdleg05

725947086_ScreenShot2021-03-13at8_39_35AM.thumb.png.2d8d9d359efdeb0473a92b87cc94e4a5.png