LegacyGT.com

Warning Denso Air/Fuel Sensor P/N 234-9138

2016 Subaru legacy 2.5i Premium

While replacing my leaking front exhaust pipe/catalytic converter assembly (Service Program Bulletin WUJ-95) I also replaced both front and rear Oxygen Sensors. I'll post a separate thread (and replacement video) on the WUJ-95 (SOA Declined to cover it).

I selected the Denso brand as they had good reviews with a reasonable price point and included small tubes of copper anti-seize.

My warning is regarding the Fuel/Air Sensor P/N 234-9138.

The wire length between the connector and sensor is about one inch too short preventing clip © from being installed properly.

It is also bent hard at 180 degrees and tight.

Contacting Denso regarding this issue resulted in less than acceptable response IMHO.

All is operating normally, so, I'm leaving it as-is for now.

1820832344_Denso234-9138AirFuelSensorIssue.thumb.jpg.a096b24e2c7a015eb44230baaedf6be5.jpg

What did denso say? I wouldn't be comfortable with the hard turn. I'd probably slide the whole connector off the oem bracket I think it's mounted on (after disconnecting of course due to hard turn), let it float, and plug the plastic clip into the hole, maybe with a zip tie around it too to hold the clip in the hole.

apexi:

Advised Denso support of my issue and asked if they offered a patch cable or other suggestion for this.

Was hoping that they would offer an acceptable replacement suggestion or patch cable.

Only replied that they do not offer a patch cable.

rhino6303:

Thought about sliding the clip towards the sensor end (closer to the mount).

Even just leaving it there and using a high temp zip-tie to the mount would have put additional tension on the wires.

I'll look to see if I can flip the connector.

Ordered some assorted engine wire harness clips for a more permanent solution and will post once complete.

Clip too tight to slide (and be of some use) so I removed it.

Thanks for the suggestion apexi, loosened everything and it slid right off the blade.

My temporary solution until then.

482707748_Densotempsolution.thumb.jpg.501ca90fc73effc5a536cb86d9ee8b02.jpg