LegacyGT.com

Opensource logging issue

Posted this in tuning,

Hey guys, this is more a desperate cry for help than anything. I’m trying to set up the logger and when I open the program I get the prompt: cars definition file not found

I downloaded logger_STD_EN_v346 and went to the logger settings>logger definition location and chose logger_STD_EN_v346.

I still get this error code and I can find lids that I want to log like feedback knock and fine knock. What am I doing wrong?

Posted this in tuning,

Hey guys, this is more a desperate cry for help than anything. I’m trying to set up the logger and when I open the program I get the prompt: cars definition file not found

I downloaded logger_STD_EN_v346 and went to the logger settings>logger definition location and chose logger_STD_EN_v346.

I still get this error code and I can find lids that I want to log like feedback knock and fine knock. What am I doing wrong?

Does the error happen when opening the romraider editor too?

Do you have the cars_def.xml and cars_def.dtd files in the same folder as the logger definition? They need to be. The cars_def has all of the ecu ids and the logger def has all of the logging parameters.

The cars_def file is only for virtual dyno. For what the OP wants to do, the only file that should be needed is the logger_defs.xml file.

OP, you can safely ignore the "cars definition file not found" error if you don't care about virtual dyno. If you've already gotten the logger_STD_EN_v346.xml file and the logger_def.dtd files all configured, then you should have no problem logging. Ignore the cars definition file error and try and log.

Ok just to clarify my process for installing the editor and logger

Downloaded: ecu_defs.xml rommetadata.zip and logger_STD_EN_v346.xml

1. Went to (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata and copied ‘read templates’ and ‘Subaru’ to a folder on my desktop

2. Extracted rommetadata.zip to (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata clicking ‘replace’ for all files

3. Moved both ecu_defs.xml and logger_STD_EN_v346.xml to (x86)\RomRaider

4. In rr editor definitions> definition manager >add: C:\Program Files (x86)\RomRaider\ecu_defs.xml apply and save

4. In rr logger settings> logger definition location> add C:\Program Files (x86)\RomRaider\logger_STD_EN_v346.xml

5. Close and reopen. Go to logger, vehicle connects and reads data but not all and when I try to go to the learning table values I get the error: “ECU definition file not found or undefined”

I tried uninstalling and deleting everything then downloading and reinstalling everything I get the same results. SolidxSnake, I saw your post on RomRaider forums and yes it does see the car and no I don’t care about the virtual dyno

Try extracting/placing the files elsewhere (e.g. wherever you downloaded them) instead of moving them into Program Files. Open RomRaider/ECUFlash and just point them to the files, there's no need to put them in Program Files. I suspect you may be running into permissions issues with the files being in the Program Files directory.

What ECUID does RomRaider logger detect? I believe it shows up on the bottom-left or bottom-center of the Logger window.

XML files are used for definitions. You need the ROM (binary image) file from here: https://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7591

thanks for the help man, I have spent months trying to figure this out. on the bright side, I feel i have a way better understanding on the matter. time to flash, log to make sure things are gravy then time for a tune!

also just realized i made a mistake, the file his link downloaded was a .hex file

Edited by StrongestAvenger